iPhone 3GS playlist error

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
My top 25 played playlist in iTunes is correct when viewing on the computer, however, when synced to my iPhone 3GS the playlist on the iPhone just doesn't match at all.... anyone have the same problem. All other playlists match. Any ideas?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
With a little investigation, it looks like my 3GS running 3.1 when synced changes my top25 playlist. When I open the playlist on the phone it looks like it keeps its own play count and updates its playlist from that play count.

Anyone else experiencing this? My mac iTunes play count is being updated but doesn't look like its syncing back to the phone, and the smart playlist picks the top 25 played on the phone....

Mochalex

Oct 11, 2009
playlist errors

I'm having the same problem with my 3G. All of my "smart playlists" on my 3G are different than what they should be and I've tried re-synching a bunch of times. If anyone has any info on how to fix this, please let me know.

Mochalex

Oct 11, 2009
solution

Ok, I found an easy workaround.

All you have to do is select the problematic playlist, right click and select edit smart playlist. You then have to add a second rule: PLAYLIST IS MUSIC. Once you add that rule just sync your iPhone and the playlists on your iPhone will be fixed.

Cheers!