iPhone 3GS stuck at Apple Logo becasue System Memory is Full

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by jsg1163, Feb 27, 2012.

1. jsg1163

jsg1163 New Member

Hello,

I have iPhone 3GS and its been Jailbroken for over 2.5 yrs. I've never ever-ever had any problem in the past.

Yesterday I checked that Cydia showed that my System Memory is 88.6% full and there were couple of updates in Cydia. I updated all Cydia apps and it asked me to "Reboot Device". (see image below)

[​IMG]

Ever since, my iPhone has not started.

I have tried almost every single method by like holding he Power and Sleep button for 10 secs, putting it in DFU mode, change computer, change iTunes etc.

My iPhone still stucks at Apple logo and does not start.

When I try to put it in DFU mode, it comes up with USB logo connect to iTunes, but iTunes doesn't detect the iPhone. (Please see image below)

I have tried various methods 20 or more times but no use. Now, the battery had completely run out and I have even left my phone on for 5-6 hours on charge but still no use. (see image below)

[​IMG]

Every time I put it on charge, it comes up with Apple logo and stuck, it restarts after sometimes and this keeps going on in loop. (See image below)

[​IMG]

Can anyone please help me on this issue.

My device details are:

iPhone 3GS
    16GB
    iOS 4.3.3
    Jailbroken using www.jailbreakme.com

Thanks

#1 jsg1163, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Moved to iPhone Jailbreak.

Restoring it is the only option. Keep trying to get it in DFU mode - it can be difficult. Try using another computer if you have access to one.

3. jsg1163

jsg1163 New Member

I have tried using a brand new computer with newly installed iTunes, but same problem. Tried this over 10-15 times but no results... :(

iTunes doesn't even detect my device when it says on the screen that connect USB to iTunes.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's not in DFU mode if you can see that screen. Keep trying to get it into DFU mode. The screen we be black and it will look like it's turned off.

5. jsg1163

jsg1163 New Member

iTunes doesn't even detect my device when it says on the screen that connect USB to iTunes.

And, adding more to this, the battery was fine till morning, but now its been over 6-8 hours that my iPhone is on charging, but the battery is still empty and phone shuts down after 2-5 mins when I disconnect the USB/ Main A/C power cable.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I know. iTunes won't detect it until it has successfuly been put in DFU mode. If you can't get it in DFU mode, it's a brick, unfortunately.

7. jsg1163

jsg1163 New Member

:unsure: so any solution?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

9. jsg1163

jsg1163 New Member

...and I guess it won't go to DFU mode because it is bricked....hahaha, so we are in a loop now.

Any one else please...!

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are you 100% certain that you are doing DFU mode correctly?

11. badrys

badrys New Member

Hi jsg1163,
    I just had exactly the same issue with similar circumstances (iPhone 3GS, Apple logo loop).
    Could you please tell me if you managed to solve your problem ?
    Thanks in advance

12. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Europa knows her stuff matey. Try following the instructions she's supplied for you.
    You must not be getting it into DFU. Make sure you are definitely following the instructions. It takes a few tries if you're not used to doing it.

13. badrys

badrys New Member

Unfortunately I've already tried that many many times !
    no matter for how long I keep pushing the Home+Power buttons, it just never turn the phone off :(
    It is only turned off when the battery is empty, then when I plug it into USB port, the Apple logo appears again automatically as soon as the battery containes enough energy.
    ... and there is the loop :( I am really desperate now (n)