iPhone 3GS stuck in boot loop after replacing battery

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tom112089

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
My battery died so I bought another one. I installed it fine myself and all was good except stupid me I forgot to put the camera back in. So I took it apart again and put the camera back in and put it together but now the problem is I'm stuck in a boot loop. The phone turns on and gets the wheel of death after a minuet on the boot screen. It worked before I took it apart the second time. Did I break something inside it to do this? Is there a way to fix it or am I just SOL and have to buy a new phone?

tom112089

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
Dfu was a no go. It just would shut off in stead of go to dfu mode. I I'm going take it apart again and check all the wires. If done this before so I don't understand why I'm having so many problems. I'll get back to you guys though

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Dfu was a no go. It just would shut off in stead of go to dfu mode. I I'm going take it apart again and check all the wires. If done this before so I don't understand why I'm having so many problems. I'll get back to you guys though
The phone looks like it is turned off when it's in DFU mode. If iTunes recognizes it after putting it in DFU mode, try restoring it. Otherwise, take it apart.