iPhone 3GS stuck in DFU mode, help please.

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by zaidbassam, Sep 23, 2012.

1. zaidbassam

zaidbassam New Member

Hello guys!

I have iPhone 3gs 3.1.3 with Modem Firmware 5.12.01
    I did jailbreak the device and i did unlock it (3.1.3). I almost couldn't install anything because of 3.1.3, it says that i have to upgrade the Phone.

So I used Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 to get a custom IOS 4.3.3 to upgrade my iPhone preserving the baseband so i can unlock the phone later..

When it was finished iTunes error (6) popped up.. and the iPhone got stuck in dfu mode and i can not do anything now..
    i tried so many things.. but didn't work.. I restored with an custom firmware 3.1.3. So it's now 3.1.3 but still doesn't work. When i open tiny umbrella it says the i have 3.1.3 firmware.

And when i try to restore (shift and restore) to an official firmware 3.1.3 i get error (1600) in iTunes..
    Another thing you maybe want to know when i open redsn0w and click on 'Fix recovery' it says that my phone is missing keys.plist or something like that..

I really don't know what to do..
    Please help me!

Thanks!

2. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Try following the steps from Apple. If the steps in this article do not work, click on the error code you receive toward the bottom and follow more advanced steps.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

3. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Did you check the host file to make sure that it's pointing to TU before restoring back to 3.1.3?

4. zaidbassam

zaidbassam New Member

Now i do have another problem.. I restored the iPhone to 3.1.3 and everything was okey! No error, nothing.
    But when i was finished the iTunes told me that the mobil will reboot.. But the iPhone restart and just stuck in the dfu mode blackscreen i can't see/do anything and when i try exit recovery from tiny umbrella, in the phone something comes up something about greenpoisen and it says unable to find gbdevlist....

5. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Which tool did you jailbreak with?

6. zaidbassam

zaidbassam New Member

Jailbreakme.com when i had 3.1.3 and when the device worked!

7. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

The creator for Jailbreakme.com works for Apple from the last time I checked. Since you have modern firmware on your device, use any jailbreak tool other than Jailbreakme.com to perform on your device. I prefer sn0wbreeze.

8. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

After you have done what I suggested, tell me what happened to your device. If you are trying to just restore to stock without jailbreak from Tiny Umbrella, make sure your HOST FILE is not pointing to Apples server.

9. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Also, it's important to note which version of TU you have because the new version does not give all the options in the "Advanced" tab in TU, as the old version does.
    Example: TU version 5.10.15 gives you all the options in the "Advanced" tab.
    TU version 5.11.01 DOES NOT give you all the options in the "Advanced" tab.
    This is important because the version 5.10.15 will give you the option to direct your HOST FILE towards Cydia to use the 3.1.3 shsh file you saved.
    Thus, giving you the ability to restore back to 3.1.3

10. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

11. zaidbassam

zaidbassam New Member

My iPhone doesn't work.. How do you want me to jailbreak it? I can't even jailbreak it in Redsn0w it doesn't read the phone..

12. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Have you tried restoring stock firmware back into your 3GS?
    You need to restore a stock firmware into your device before you even start to jailbreak. Without the stock firmware implemented, you can't proceed to the next step.

13. zaidbassam

zaidbassam New Member

Excuse me, but what do you mean by 'stock' firmware? Where can i find/build them? I did restore the iPhone last time via iTunes 3.1.3 the official firmware and it finished without errors but i couldn't start the phone after the Apple logo.. I can't see anything.. When i use tiny umbrella to exit recovery it says on the phone something about greenpoisen and it says unable to find gbdevlist....
    So, i don't know what to do.. :/

14. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

What I mean by 'stock' firmware is the original Apple ipsw file that came directly from Apple. A ipsw file is the os software that Apple uses for their idevices, which is called firmware. Here is a website where you can download whichever firmware you need:
    http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

15. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Do you know for sure you saved the shsh blob for 3.1.3?

16. zaidbassam

zaidbassam New Member

Ahaa of course i did use the Stock firmware and from same page u wrote.. And i did save the SHSH blobs by Tiny umbrella.

17. winan

winan New Member

Hey, don't worry.
    Here I share you steps to Put Your iPhone/iPad/iPod into DFU Mode:
    Step 1 : Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to your Windows PC or MAC.
    Step 2 : Hold Down the Power Button and Home Button together at the same time.
    Step 3 : Now count for 10 seconds and after that release the Power button but Continue to Hold the Home Button.
    Step 4 : After 3-5 seconds, your iPhone will look like completely turned off.