• abslutely

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • it is somewhat possible to get you banned

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • getting caught is quite easy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 9, 2009
i saw it a couple of places that you download something with the safari on your iPhone and you get thethering. does anybody know if att can find out or someone needs to snoop?

att is lagging the thethering.
thanks

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Can they tell? Yeah, probably. Are they going to do anything about it? I doubt it.

Joe

P.S. It's spelled tethering.

Jul 9, 2009
Can they tell? Yeah, probably. Are they going to do anything about it? I doubt it.

Joe

P.S. It's spelled tethering.
Thanks there is an alternative for all the extra services like text ,thethering and mss , i don't blame them for making people wait for iPhones when they have millions in hand and keep making us wait .

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Banned?

Nothing is set in stone here. I think the rules are always changing. But IMO, you are safe to do it as long as you don't go over 5 GB data transfer a month (total on the phone itself and on the laptop your tethering). If you go over that, you could incur huge charges. It is also possible that they could hit you with the tethering charges at any time even if you keep it to a minimum. Yes, they can tell that you are using a non-mobile browser if they care enough to look into your account. I think as long as you keep it to a minimum and avoid downloading big files, you'll probably be fine.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Just wondering why you said that. No one else in this thread mentioned it.
It's in the poll itself. Instead of banned he probably meant "ackount ckloosd do two oboose." ;)

--
Mike

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, that's what I assumed. I just thought it was an interesting word choice.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Haha, you guys, spelling and grammar rules are just a big government conspiracy :sneaky:

(Btw, I don't even really understand the poll, so I am disinclined to participate)

Jul 9, 2009
what i ment by banned is get your contact provoked because i know they can do that if you do things your not spouse to. and i just got mine and not really trying to ruine it.

there is a 5 gig limit use on the iPhone? i thought it was unlimited but i can imagine att getting mad if you use it too much. thanks europa for the information :eek:k:eek:k
i was jut planning to use if i am in college since wifi really isn't everywhere and always password protected.

Jul 9, 2009
Haha, you guys, spelling and grammar rules are just a big government conspiracy :sneaky:

(Btw, I don't even really understand the poll, so I am disinclined to participate)
i am a forgien i came to america only couple years ago... i was too tierd to spell check with google :sneaky:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
what i ment by banned is get your contact provoked because i know they can do that if you do things your not spouse to. and i just got mine and not really trying to ruine it.
Must. Resist. Urge. To. Be. Sarcastic.

Sorry 'bout that conspiracist... ;)

--
Mike

Jul 9, 2009
haha this forum is actually prob the most well placed forum i've seen.
^_^