iPhone 3GS white screen after changing lcd and Windows 7 disable mobile service

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by u170who, Jan 10, 2011.

1. u170who

u170who New Member

Hi All,
    I need serious help. My problem started when i bought a used iPhone with a cracked case. I bought a case online, changed it, then realized that the power button no longer works. Then, i tried to jailbreak it, and realized halfway through that i can't jailbreak without the power button. The phone then got stuck in recovery mode. Then, a friend helped me restore the old software back on it, but then his dad sat on my phone and cracked the lcd. Finally, he bought me a new lcd, and i changed it, but the phone is stuck on the white screen. i tried to restore the software from a windows xp pc, and it worked, but it still has the white screen. I can slide where the slider is and i can get phone calls on it, but still a white screen. I tried cleaning out the contacts areas for the connectors, but still no good.

I am thinking of trying to restore an older software in dfu mode to see if that helps, but i don't know how. i have been able to seemingly successfuly use DFU.exe to put it in dfu mode. Now what?

Also, my windows 7 pc turns off the Apple mobile service everytime i plugin my iPhone. Whats up with that? i cant restart it, i tried many times.

PLEASE HELP!

2. savageinjun

savageinjun New Member

well, i can see that going into DFU is not a possibility.... as that is a way to reset the hardware detection. maybe swap logic boards with another to do this with the lcd swapped over as well so the lb sees the lcd.

3. u170who

u170who New Member

problem solved

i didn't want to believe it, but the lcd was broken, and there was a software on the pc that was messing up iTunes. i don't remember what program though. thanks for your advice.