iPhone 3GS white screen after screen replacement

cdc515

Bronze
Jun 10, 2009
so i my iPhone 3gs screen was cracked so i ordered a screen + kit on ebay it came today i followed the youtube how to fix your screen videos i fixed the screen and connected everything back together and when i turned the iPhone on i get a white screen.

Any ideas what is wrong?

How can i fix this?

Divyesh

Jul 28, 2009
Digital point forum
I held down the power and home buttons for a couple of minutes while I was reading something on my laptop, and my iPhone did reboot. I must have held the buttons for at least 5 minutes. Eversince it has worked.

defixon

Jul 17, 2010
Oviedo, FL
www.XpressFix.com
This is why you let the pro's do it ;)
<-----

Anyway, a white screen usually entails a defect in the actual LCD or corrosion on either the connectors of the LCD or even the connectors on the motherboard. Use an alcohol swab and clean all the connectors (1, 2, 3 and the pins on the mobo), then dry them off very well with a can of air.

The LCD is the most fragile repair, so you could have possibly damaged the LCD when replacing it. Send me a PM if you need more help with it. I'm an owner of a iPhone repair company.

cdc515

Bronze
Jun 10, 2009
so i took your advice and i cleaned the connectors with alchol swap and then stuck them back in their locations turned it on and i get the white screen again.

Any ideas how i can fix this?

i know it is still able to be fixed because it still powers on abut is just all white.

I was thinking maybe i wasn't getting connection 3 all the way in.

How do you normally go about putting #3 back in place?

Thanks
Appreciate your help

defixon

Jul 17, 2010
Oviedo, FL
www.XpressFix.com
so i took your advice and i cleaned the connectors with alchol swap and then stuck them back in their locations turned it on and i get the white screen again.

Any ideas how i can fix this?

i know it is still able to be fixed because it still powers on abut is just all white.

I was thinking maybe i wasn't getting connection 3 all the way in.

How do you normally go about putting #3 back in place?

Thanks
Appreciate your help
Sounds like you're going to need a new LCD man. :(

thomps1523

Jan 5, 2011
New LCD?

Sounds like you're going to need a new LCD man.

Hey bro i'm having about the same problem... I fixed my screen and initially my phone wouldn't even turn on or get recognized by iTunes a couple days ago iTunes recognized it and it started to vibrate when i flipped the silence switch back and forth... This morning when i let the battery drain then recharged it in the computer i do a hard reset and the screen came on but white, but i never put my screen back into the phone so the home button couldn't do the hard reset, so put it all together and i'm letting it die now and hoping to try a hard reset to see if that changes anything, i'm assuming it won't... So you'd suggest cleaning ribbon one's connectors with rubbing alcohol and if that doesn't work it's likely that i just need a new lcd? Can i just get any old one off ebay?