iPhone 4 4.3.5 jailbreak or not, what's the best option?

Sep 28, 2011
hello i have a iPhone 4 4.3.5. i understand the only way is it jailbroken unthethered.

my questions are booting up with computer does this mean cydia will work?

booting with out a computer will the phone still work? but cydia wont work? or will it not boot at all? also how often do the iPhones get restarted?

Or is the best option to upgrade to ios 5? is it stable and usable at moment? also easy to jailbreak? and will i still be able to sync it with iTunes sorry about all questions. iv got 3 iPhone ready waiting for the best option :) thanks for the help

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
hello i have a iPhone 4 4.3.5. i understand the only way is it jailbroken unthethered.

my questions are booting up with computer does this mean cydia will work?

booting with out a computer will the phone still work? but cydia wont work? or will it not boot at all? also how often do the iPhones get restarted?

Or is the best option to upgrade to ios 5? is it stable and usable at moment? also easy to jailbreak? and will i still be able to sync it with iTunes sorry about all questions. iv got 3 iPhone ready waiting for the best option :) thanks for the help
The latest stream of jailbreaks are semi-tethered. This means that you the phone will still function as normal if have to reboot or run out of battery etc. All of the associated jailbreak stuff wont work until you boot into a Pwned, for example through Redsn0w.

You will find once you've jailbroken you will need to reboot a couple of times to get everything set up correctly.

You can only update to iOS 5 if you have your devices UDID registered with a Dev. The iOS 5 jailbreak is tethered and can be buggy, in my experience. However your mileage may vary.

Lastly, you can still sync your device to iTunes as normal ;)

Sep 28, 2011
iPhone warrior have you done the 4.3.5 jailbreak? iv been looking for guides found a few but a lot of comments with faults and stuff. the phones are not really mine and couldnt afford to brake them lol :)

is it safe and easy to do?