iPhone 4 (4s) VS. HTC.

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Arin69, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Arin69

Arin69 New Member

Ok so which one are you for? I'm all for the iPhones, of course. But people say the both come head to head in a lot of things. I would love your opinion. I am looking forward to the new iPhone5. It comes out the day before my birthday. How cool is that? Anyways like I said I would love your opinion on this. I'm trying to decide if i should get the iPhone or an HTC. (If I do get a HTC which one is better) and what's the best GB for iPhone. Sorry i ask a lot of questions.

2. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

nothing compares to an iPhone..

3. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i beg to differ my friend. if you want something simple and limited then go with an iPhone but if your a techie and want to be free and skies the limit with your phone then no need to look further go with Android.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

then what's the point of you hanging out here all day? Besides pushing other iPhone members away that is.

Your theory's are annoying and without foundation, I'm jailbroken, which is legal and I don't see any limitations. If you gonna give an advice be fair, or just shut it.

5. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

here are just a couple of things you can't do not even with a JB iPhone.
    1. no 4glte even tho your iPhone may have 4g icon "news flash it's not true 4glte"
    2. i can program my phone so that when leave home my phone will trun off wifi, and turn on bluetooth, and when i finally arrive at my work to turn off the bluetooth and put my phone on vibrate. all without even picking up my phone.

6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

You just described SBprofiles, which has been available in Cydia for ever. LOL

7. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Yeah but....:D

8. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Ok, i haven't been around here for a while. Well, posting at least (I always lurk lol) but anyone that remembers me will know that I LOVE the iPhone. I love how they looks, how they seamlessly connect all of my devices but most importantly how they just work. They work amazingly well out of the box without any tinkering, or jailbreaking...anything. they just work - and thats a huge advantage over Android devices in my opinion. I have been using an Android device as my main device now for a few months, and its annoying as hell, when after a restore I have to download all my apps etc again, and cant restore from back-up. I need a 3rd party app to essentially use iCloud equivalent.

However... The Android device ive been using is the HTC one X, and let me just say.... its amazing. The screen, battery life, apps are just amazing. Easily beats the iPhone 4s, handsdown. Its my favorite device since the iPhone 3g in terms of look, feel and functionality.

Playing devils advocate though, as i know there are many many Apple fan boys and likewise Android fan boys, i am comparing the new htc one x with the almost 1 year old iPhone 4s. Im sure the iPhone 5 will match if not beat the HOX in most areas but it is still an iPhone. There are many, many advantages of it being so, but after using Android for a while, on a handset that is capable of delivering the goods.... Android is gooooood. just give it a chance!

:)

#8 iNinja, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  9. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

tumblr_loxw9y8S1e1qahljn.gif

10. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Apple waits till the product is developed enough, unlike Android, They just stick whatever that's the newest and may not work worth crap.

11. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

really... lets see Android has had the drop down notifier since day 1, Apple just started to use it this year, and if you ask me Androids drop down notifier is much more advance and robust than the one Apple uses. another thing that most current Android phones have today that runs flawless is 4g lte. and even tho Apple users still think it uses too much batt, the GS3 battery life is better than the iPhone and it has 4glte. another one is true multi tasking which no matter what anyone says the iPhone ain't got it. and Android does.

12. dt808

dt808 Member
    Bronze

I had an iPhone 4S since the day it came out, just switched to a galaxy s3 a week ago and while I love it and I still love the iPhone, the GS3's battery life is not better than the iPhone, not sure where you got that from. Yes, the iPhone is 3g and the GS3 is 4glte.. but the battery life is definitely not better. I've always had my iPhones jailbroken and you can do just as much with a jailbroken iPhone as an adroid phone, neither is better. Android is awesome, iOS is awesome.. but in reality, it all comes down to preference. I just got a little bored with the iPhone and iOS and wanted a bigger screen. If the new iPhone has a bigger screen and a few nice perks, I'll probably switch back to one.

Just my thoughts.

13. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

you know maybe i should have never mentioned battery life cause battery seems to be different for everyone, and nobody really knows why. i mean you have peeps with iPhones saying there battery is bad and you also have peeps who say it's great just go through some of the post here at this place and you will still find folks who still have battery life with the 4s. same goes for the Android peeps. it really seems like no 2 phones are the same when it comes to battery life.

14. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Actually, Android doesn't have it. The hardware manufacture does. You can not enable 4G LTE through software.

Who the heck needs true multitasking? There is not that big of a difference, TBH, and you do not really notice it.

And guess what? iOS has been around since day 1, Android hasn't. So whatever you say, without Apple, andorid probably wouldn't be here.

15. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

If I'm not mistaken LTE isn't true 4G either.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe

16. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

maybe or maybe not but i'll tell you this 30+mbs download is much better than 5mbs anyday of the week.

17. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

what's with this whole "without Apple, andorid probably wouldn't be here." i could also say without microsoft there would be no Apple or what about without tim berbers there would be no iPhone.

18. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Yes, in fact, Apple would be here without Microsoft. And nobody is named Tim Berbers, Tim Berners, there is someone named that. But that's going to the EXTREMES!

19. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

To answer the OP, if you're an existing iPhone owner then the only HTC that might please you is the international 32GB, HTC One X, unless you're regularly in an LTE area, then do the US version.

Really though, should wait till the iPhone 5 is publicly released.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

20. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

I seriously doubt they'd call it the iPhone 5 it only makes sense to call it either iPhone 6 because technically it is the 6th version of the phone or simply the new iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe