iPhone 4 and 3GS Unlock and jailbreak?

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Hello Thanks i will try it and hope i don't screw thing up otherwise i wont have phone for so long time lol

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Hello ,
Everything went well now i am at iso 5.1 but sim card is not reconized for some reasons so i am going to go and search that
Thank you

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
hello,
got gevesim working and sms also but in t-moible it show up as 1 bar and
any advise ?

Thank you very much i love iso 5.1 it is great

iAnnie

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
One bar huh? But do you get service ok? It might be a cosmetic issue like it was on 4.3.3, but I can't be sure.

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Hello,
So far i get all services ok , i tested txt messages and pic and video and phone call no issue
but it could be a cosmetic issue possible ... i know for sure in few days from now i am aslo sure i will be able to get full thearded jilbrake in a month or 2 dev team and other teams are working on it so i guess by the time Apple goes to 5.2
we will have a working jilbrake and unlock !

Thanks

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Hello,
also i am not able to get all my contacts back . i backup everything few time with iTunes and then i did back it up with apt backup and ifunbox . also i relezied also improt from sim does not work hummm

Thanks

iAnnie

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
Did you restore from a backup in iTunes? Try doing so, by right-clicking your device in iTunes on the left panel and selecting "restore from backup."

Don't worry, this won't erase anything like a true restore. It's just loading a previously saved backup you made into the phone.

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Hello,
It has option to restore from backup yes i was worried it will scrow up everything lol but i guess i will create a new iso with poserved baseband just incase things go south lol
Thanks

iAnnie

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
Well it won't screw your phone up. :)

But you don't need to create a new custom firmware anyway, you can just use the same one you already made before.

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Hello, restore from back up giving me an error ? and then restore failed

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Hello iAnnie,
I am not able to get data back from iTunes it is giving me error here is the image for the error
Also Cydia giving me a lot of error here are the images and i also add images showing t-mobile bar

Thank you
Please advise

Last edited by a moderator:

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Hello,
just an update got the restore data back and now i am backing up in icloud but still have problem with cydia

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Error:
sub-process bin bzip2 returned an error 2

Munir

Sep 15, 2014
Hello, I know Im outdated with my iPhone..
I have a 16GB iPhone 4:
Version: 4.1 8b117
Carrier: Carrier 8.0
Model: MC603ZP
Modem Firmware: 02.10.04

I bought this iPhone ins November or October 2010 from Duty free Lebanon, they did have it in the market back then. I looked for someone to factory unlock my iPhone and I found a guy that did it but told me not to update it because it would be blocked again, I guess back then there wasn't a full unlock, only the specific IOS 4.1 unlock.. and I never updated my phone (didn't need to).
after I came to Africa (Mozambique) in December 2012 some apps started failing needing to update my IOS, like whatsapp, instagram, tumbler and even facebook app.. so I asked arround if I can update or not and I had different opinions, some people told me that I can update it with no problem, other people told me that if I update it it would be blocked again, and no one here can unblock it..
now Im confused, I would like to know how can I update it then unlock it from home.. but I need my phone to work, I cant risk getting it blocked and not being able to unblock it again..

HELP PLEASE!