iPhone 4 apps crashing!

Willyum

Nov 12, 2011
I just got a hand me down iPhone 4 from the wife as she upgraded to 4s, anyhow, I've had some issues with apps crashing and just closing on their own as I'm using them.. ie: Facebook, magic piano and so forth.. I have just recently upgraded to ios5 and was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Or if the hardware is just getting old?
Also: I'm having a problem with the home button not being very reactive.. Only the upper most part of the button will respond to my presses.. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No, I really doubt the problem you are experiencing with apps is hardware-related. If a hard reset and reinstalling the apps didn't help, try a restore to factory settings.

The home button is a hardware problem. Apple will replace it for free if it's still under warranty.

Summertop511

Bronze
Jul 3, 2010
The only reason I got the 4s is the home button on my 4 was so annoying and the proximity sensor I couldn't take anymore now I'm happy everything works beautifully.

Willyum

Nov 12, 2011
Yeah the fb app is the app that crashes the most! Anyways I'm so sick of the home button on my iPhone4 I'm seriously considering upgrading to the 4s

Willyum

Nov 12, 2011
That would be ideal, I would much rather have another iPhone4 rather than the 4s. I'll make an appointment with an Apple store.
Thank you everyone!