iPhone 4 back from the dead error 2001

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by chris, Mar 20, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Last year, my wife's iPhone had an issue with the microphone. Apple replaced it under warranty, but only a few months later the refurbished model failed and started kicking back a 2001 error. I made a genius bar appointment and it's safe to say that my experience was less than great. I've tried a number of times to bring it back to life, but no go. It would always fail to restore.

Flash forward. Today I plug it into my Mac (same Mac used in the past) figuring maybe iOS 6.1.3 might have some magic in it. Once it got a charge, I got a message about a passcode. My ears perked up, since my personal iPhone doesn't have that. Sure enough, the iPhone 4 had come back to life. All the data still in tact and working without an issue. Never updated and it's completely functional.

How's that for odd.

#1 chris, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

That's very odd. I can say that those 30 pin connectors get fudgy if there is hair, dust, or lint in them- especially if a static charge is present

Sent using iCafe app

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Not sure if that explains the Apple Store having the same issue or does it? Maybe it does.

I should also factor in that Apple found non-Apple sanctioned parts in the refurb they gave me.

4. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Well if the connector in the phone has crap in it, yes.

Weird that the refurb had non-Apple compliant parts... I mean, "they" do the repairs, don't they?

Sent using iCafe app