iPhone 4 bricked

Oct 9, 2011
Can anyone help? I bought an iPhone 4 on Friday and I applied RedSn0w's tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5. It seemed to work fine for a while but then I need to reboot my device so I plugged it back into my pc and entreated DFU mode so that I could re-apply the jailbreak. During this process there was some kind of error and now the phone won't boot at all. I have tried everything

the restore from Apple failed so I tried tiny umbrella and rec boot. I don't have the SHSH blobs(stupidly). I tried kicking it out of revcovery mode using tiny umbrella but that didn't work. I don't know what to do.

Please help. I spent 8 hours yesterday on google trying to find a solution. No joy at all.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What error do you get when you try to restore to 4.3.5? Be sure to uncheck the Box that says Set host to cydia on exit before trying to restore.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Can anyone help? I bought an iPhone 4 on Friday and I applied RedSn0w's tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5. It seemed to work fine for a while but then I need to reboot my device so I plugged it back into my pc and entreated DFU mode so that I could re-apply the jailbreak. During this process there was some kind of error and now the phone won't boot at all. I have tried everything

the restore from Apple failed so I tried tiny umbrella and rec boot. I don't have the SHSH blobs(stupidly). I tried kicking it out of revcovery mode using tiny umbrella but that didn't work. I don't know what to do.

Please help. I spent 8 hours yesterday on google trying to find a solution. No joy at all.
Put the phone into DFU mode and restore in iTunes. Make sure that iTunes is fully up to date as well. Forget about the jailbreak for the time being.

If you encounter any errors i.e 16xx post them on here and we will be able to help you further.

Oct 9, 2011
If I take it back to Apple can they tell I have been trying to jailbreak it?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If I take it back to Apple can they tell I have been trying to jailbreak it?
Possibly.

As previously mentioned by Europa - uncheck the box that says Set hosts to Cydia. Then try and restore again.

Oct 9, 2011
I did that. I also edited the hosts file manually to make sure the Apple URL doesn't redirect to Cydia. with the redirect I get error 1013 or sometimes 1600. without the redirect..I get error 3194

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If you get a 16xx error use Tiny Umbrella to kick the device out of recovery mode.