iPhone 4 Camera Roll Pictures don't sync after update 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by nbdiver, Dec 3, 2011.

1. nbdiver

nbdiver Member
    Bronze

Hi all,

I am having an issue getting my newly taken photos to sync to my camera roll location during syncs. I can do it manually but before it would take place during a sync. While my iPhone is connected to iTunes I can confirm the location folder where I am storing my photos in My Documents and I can see all old photos but none of the newer photos I have taken will sync anymore.

Has anyone else experienced this with the newest firmware release? If so do you have a fix or solution? Thanks for the help.

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Camera roll photos don't sync to folders during a sync. They are stored as part of your iTunes backups. They will restore to your phone via a restore from backup if needed. You can manually copy them into a folder on your PC if you like.

3. nbdiver

nbdiver Member
    Bronze

Really? I thought they used to copy over but I am probably not remembering correctly. So the sync option will only copy whats already in the folder you are syncing, it will never "sync" the two folders on the phone and computer to be the exact same? Thanks for your help.

4. nbdiver

nbdiver Member
    Bronze

as a matter of fact I am almost positive the pictures in my camera roll on iPhone copied to my computer upon each sync. I haven't copied pictures manually for a long time!

5. nbdiver

nbdiver Member
    Bronze

anyone else have some insight?