iPhone 4 Compatible Jailbroken Apps

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Don't bother with FontSwap, just do it manually.

/System/Library/Fonts/Cache

Replace the Helvetica.ttc file with your custom font. I believe the .ttc files are different for the system fonts in iOS 4. I don't remember it being that extension on 3.x.

EDIT: I'm eating my own words, it worked this way on iOS 4 on my 3GS but it's not working now. It's only changing the SBSettings font, not the entire system. Let me research this...

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
From another board...

Looks like iPhone4 uses the Helvetica NeuiUI fonts (located inside HelveticaNeue.ttc) as the preferred system font. There are four fonts inside this container:

font00.ttf = Helvetica Neue
font01.ttf = Helvetica Neue Bold
font02.ttf = Helvetica NeueUI
font03.ttf = Helvetica NeueUI Bold

I have not had luck yet making a new HelveticaNeue.ttc container file. My springboard keeps restarting until I put back the original one.

Last edited by a moderator:

craiggiarc

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
Spring Flash also works like a charm, enable you to assign the flash to any key via Activator and renders the use of all those flash-light apps useless, (unless you want to do morse code!).

aceniza

Bronze
Jan 30, 2010
San Diego
Waiting for notifier... Sbsettings works for me but the "Free up memory" does nothing.

Tried to restore from backup on rock, but something I had before kept me in safe mode....

larryo108

Bronze
Dec 22, 2009
If you are waiting for Notifier (Aka Reminder), I have it working on my 3GS. Install Notifier and then you have to install libstatusbar. I could not find libstatusbar on BigBoss or modmyi, so I found the .deb on iwatcher. Then installed via the Cydia/AutoInstall method. Worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Add these:

GriP (a bit buggy for me. how about you guys?)
LockInfo (amazing! is intelliscreen working for you guys?)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You might try iNoRotate. It lets you control the orientation of your stock apps separately. Pretty cool; I'm using it now.
yes I'm going to give iNoRotate a try.

But for some reason seeing your screenshot again made me think of the obvious: Load the iSpazio source from Repositories section within Cydia. I got almost the same errors as when I tried to add it manually. But it did load and Rotation Inhibitor is now in the house. Yay!

Edit: I think I like the combo of Rotation Inhibitor and iNoRotate. iNoRotate was a bit confusing at first, since it had everything turned off (or for the built-in apps). My main peeve is SMS and other chat apps: the darned screen rotates to landscape putting the "send" button where i don't expect it and I end up sending messages prematurely. So I have at least set the built-in SMS app to not rotate. Still playing with it though...

Michael