iPhone 4 downloading apps on its own?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Guest 3, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Guest 3

Guest 3 New Member

Hi im new to this forum and haven't seen any similar topics on this problemm. Well I just went to Apple care yesterday to sort out some problems with my iPhone 4, the genius told me I had a software corruption and got it fixed (I assume), but on the same day, about 3 hours after I got the problem fixed, when I was trying to download the icafe app, the phone downloaded taptap revenge 3 and some random hangman game (and it cost me money!). Just wondering if anyone else had this problem? Sorry that this was a little long!

2. applejailescape

Gold

Thats the weirdest thing I've ever heard on this forum . So when you clicked onto a free app you downloaded a paid one?!
    I would go back to were you went and explain it to Apple. They should give you a replacement

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I would restore the phone and set up as new. That most definitely sounds like a software problem.

When you get the invoice for the recent purchases, there is a "Report a Problem" link next to each item - report the applications your phone downloaded and you should get the money back.

4. snabelanton

snabelanton New Member

There is no possibility that anyone else has downloaded them or that you accidentally downloaded them? Because like they said, thats the weirdest thing ever...

5. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Do you share the computer with anyone else that has an iTunes account and a device like the iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad? if you do, then it's possible that they though they were purchasing under their account and accidentally used yours...

6. Guest 3

Guest 3 New Member

Nope, I'm positive no one downloaded it for me. I SAW it being downloaded..and I'm the only one with an iPhone in my family. Guess I'll be going back to the genius bar...sighh..my fifth time going back..anyway thanks for the help!

7. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

The genius will tell you what we told you , probably

8. Tug

Tug Member
    Silver

Out of curiosity why would you go back so many times? After the second time I'd start asking for a new phone after the third time Id demand one.

9. peearpee

peearpee New Member

agree

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

10. Perisan

Perisan New Member

Go to setting > store then turn off automatic downloads of apps