iPhone 4 heating up after water damage

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by FamousD, Mar 28, 2012.

1. FamousD

FamousD New Member

My iPhone 4 had water damage but after cleaning up the inside of the phone with pure alcohol the iPhone turns on again. I only have one problem. After using the iPhone for 5 minutes he gets really hot. It's not the battery but I think its the procesor or something in that area..

Does someone know how to solve this problem? Or what causes this heat?

Thank you,

2. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

How can you be sure it's not the battery? Even if you replaced it (especially if you got an aftermarket brand) you can get bad batteries that overheat from the pull smartphone have.

If you took the phone completely apart and had a ceiling fan or any fan for that matter, even air ducts for cental heat/air on anywhere near the room you worked in you may have got dust inside someway that is causing heat to build up. Any air current will carry dust particles unless in a filtered clean room environment. May want to disassemble clean again in a good sealed clean room.

Hope you figure it out.

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
    Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

3. FamousD

FamousD New Member

I think that the problem isn't because of the battery because it doesn't warm up. When I remove the backcase from the iPhone the hot area is around the motherboard where the procesor is located, right next to the battery connector.

But I'm going to clean it up again this evening and hopefully it will work then!

thx for your answer!

4. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

good luck mate

5. FamousD

FamousD New Member

I have cleaned up the iPhone again with no results. I also opened the motherboard and I haven't seen any corrosion. The board looked as new..

Someone got any other ideas? The iPhone works perfect except of the heating up..

6. FamousD

FamousD New Member

[Removed]

Not very helpful :D

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Please don't quote spam :)