iPhone 4 Help! (Is it bricked?)

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Jorge0246, Nov 20, 2011.

?

What happened to it?

1. Is it in activation mode and all I need is an AT&T SIM Card?

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Other (please comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jorge0246

Jorge0246 New Member

Here's a picture of it: It was jailbroken (I don't know how but sometimes there's an Apple in the shape of a skull at startup) The slider doesn't say slide to unlock, it says slide for emergency calls only. I've tried restoring and I always get an error message. I have the latest version of iTunes with Windows XP. I didn't buy this phone off of AT&T and Apple says it's not under warranty. It was used with a Gevey SIM on T Mobile but I'm going to use it on AT&T since I have a 3GS with them now. (I have a microSIM cutter and adapter to switch back and forth from 3GS to 4) I want to keep the possibility of using the Gevey if I ever sell it to my cousin in Mexico but for now I want to concentrate on fixing it [​IMG]

2. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

Yes it was jailbroken with Greenp0ison. And what does the error say? What error number.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Moved to iPhone jailbreak.

1. The boot logo was changed by greenpoison. That is why you saw a green skull instead of the Apple boot logo.
    2. Your iPhone has successfuly been restored. It is not bricked. It just needs to be activated. It cannot be used until it is activated. You can cut your standard SIM card down to size or get a micro SIM from AT&T.

4. Jorge0246

Jorge0246 New Member

@ iBoss 1602 is the error code i'm getting now but I used to get 1611 (I've been getting 1602 for the last 7 attempts)
    @ Europa I just bought a microSIM cutter with adapters from Amazon for $3 It's comes from California and I'm in Arizona so I'll probably get it on Wednesday. Do you know if AT&T can detect a jailbroken iPhone?

5. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

Are you on pc or Mac? And what operating system are you in if on pc?

6. Jorge0246

Jorge0246 New Member

Windows XP

7. Jorge0246

Jorge0246 New Member

@Europa I don't get a green skull, it's a silver skull/Apple.

8. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

9. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

Do you know if the iPhone is on 4.2.1?

10. Jorge0246

Jorge0246 New Member

I have no possible way of knowing if it's on 4.2.1 but I read an article saying that if it has greenpoison, it should have 4.2.1. I'm following Apple's advice and they say that to get rid of 1602 you delete and reinstall iTunes which I am doing. I use your way if the reinstall doesn't work and i'll keep updating the forum

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

AT&T doesn't care if you jailbreak.

All you need to do is activate this phone with your SIM card.

12. Jorge0246

Jorge0246 New Member

Ok, I'll still wait for my microSIM cutter and adapters to come in the mail.

#12 Jorge0246, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
  13. Jorge0246

Jorge0246 New Member

Ok, so installing and reinstalling iTunes didn't work, I kept getting error 1602 and Apple says I should temporarily disable my antivirus but I'll just do that tomorrow and I guess all I can do know really is keep my fingers crossed hoping it's just in "activation mode" and wait for my microSIM card cutter to come in the mail. What should I do if that isn't the case? I'll use iBoss's method if the antivirus doesn't work

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do you still see 'No Service' and a battery icon meter in the status bar and 'slide for emergency call' at the bottom? If so, you only need to activate it.

15. Jorge0246

Jorge0246 New Member

Yes , but when I turn it on, first I see the standard Apple logo and them Insee the white skull meaning it might still be jailbroken

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, it is still jailbroken then. If you aren't having problems with it, you could just leave it jailbroken and activate it.

17. Jorge0246

Jorge0246 New Member

But I thought restoring would remove the jailbreak?

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Restoring does remove the jailbreak. You could try restoring again and then clearing the 16xx errors with FixRecovery or Exit Recovery in TinyUmbrella. Disable your antivirus first, though. Which firmware version are you restoring to? Are you just hitting the restore button in iTunes or are you hitting shift+restore and browsing for an ipsw?

19. Jorge0246

Jorge0246 New Member

I downloaded 4.3.5 but when I try to install it with shift restore, it says the device cannot be loaded to the request build. When I try to restore it with Apple and 5.0.1 (which I don't really want to because I still want to use the gevey)
    I get 1602

20. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

So what was the outcome of this? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone4(S) iCafe