iPhone 4/iBeats Problem

Aug 12, 2011
Hello! I recently purchased a set of iBeats. When I took them out of the box and tried them they seemed perfect. I checked the volume control and it worked fine. However, when I tried again a minute later the volume control was not responding; the microphone wasn't working either. I took them back and got a replacement pair. The EXACT same thing happened again. The play/stop button works but not the volume control or the microphone. I have no idea what's going on. Help!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hello! I recently purchased a set of iBeats. When I took them out of the box and tried them they seemed perfect. I checked the volume control and it worked fine. However, when I tried again a minute later the volume control was not responding; the microphone wasn't working either. I took them back and got a replacement pair. The EXACT same thing happened again. The play/stop button works but not the volume control or the microphone. I have no idea what's going on. Help!
I would take the second pair back and seek another replacement. If you find it happens with the third pair, get your money back.

Aug 12, 2011
But I just don't get WHY it doesn't work. When I shake the phone I can hear a rattle in the headphone jack but I can't seem to remove anything.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
A rattle? That doesn't sound good, perhaps a ribbon cable has become loose.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It sounds as if you have a hardware issue, if your lucky enough to live close to an Apple store I'd get book an appointment and seek a replacement.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
There's no Apple store near me...
Apple phone tech support?

If something is rattling inside yours phone, it can't be anything good. They'll tell you to do the same thing, head to an Apple store and speak to a member of staff and get the handset replaced.