iPhone 4 in-call notification sound

Feb 3, 2011
I got an iPhone 4 and when I'm on a call and a txt comes it I hear the whole ringtone playing through the speaker. Its very annoying. Is there a way to fix that?!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Christopher Meinck

Administrator
Administrator
Sep 13, 2008
I got an iPhone 4 and when I'm on a call and a txt comes it I hear the whole ringtone playing through the speaker. Its very annoying. Is there a way to fix that?!

I'm not sure I understand your question? Shouldn't it play the tone you've selected?

You can easily change your the text ringtone by going to:
Settings > Sounds > Text Tone

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I believe he's saying when engaged in a phone call, and incomming text will trigger whatever associated tone, disrupting the aforementioned telephone conversation.

I've experienced this as well, it can be annoying when lengthy/obnoxious alerts I have assigned specific contacts override my converssation.....

Feb 3, 2011
yes its very annoying. But I don't remember is if was on pre iOS 5

Mace0283

Jan 1, 2012
You have to switch your ringer to silent.... It's really irritating and wish they would stop it...

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
You have to switch your ringer to silent.... It's really irritating and wish they would stop it...
AMEN! So we have to remember to flick the mute switch when we are in a call so we don't get blasted by an alert tone?
Major fail on Apple's part, for sure!

Mace0283

Jan 1, 2012
Oh you'll remember when you get that first text or whatever type of notification... If you have the vibrate set to on when on silent, it'll still vibrate during a call but you won't have that obnoxious tone..

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Oh you'll remember when you get that first text or whatever type of notification... If you have the vibrate set to on when on silent, it'll still vibrate during a call but you won't have that obnoxious tone..
Trust me I know ;)