iPhone 4 iPod controls disappeared

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
Evening all, my cousin is having an unusual problem with her iPhone 4. The iPod repeats the same song over and over and the controls have disappeared from the screen. She sent me a screenshot to verify to me. Any ideas? O_o

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
when you say controls, do you mean the Play/Pause, back and forward buttons, or the scrubber bar that has the loop and shuffle options? ( or both?)
Second question: Is the phone Docked or connected to something that has audio out capabilities? That removes the volume bar automatically.
The Scrubber bar at the top sometimes goes away on it's own, but you should be able to tab the screen to bring it back. Once it is back, in the left corner just under the scrubber bar (aka progress bar) there will be a little oval of 2 arrows chasing each other. This is the loop option. There are 3 modes. 1) repeat song- indefinitely 2) repeat song, play next song, repeat it, play next song, repeat... You get the idea, and 3) is off which means that the icon is grey and not blue.
I'll post screen shots in a sec.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
It's not my phone but on the screenshot that was sent to me by text, the controls are not there at all.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
That is odd. I would suggest the following:
1) Settings->General-> resets-> reset all settings. This does not affect any data, but does restore the firmware to that "just installed state". Perfectly safe to do.
2)Hard reset -Hold down the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time till the silver Apple logo appears, then release. Phone will boot normally and should fix any issues.

Is her phone jailbroken? The next suggestion would be to uninstall the last app that was installed or updated from Cydia and then reinstall it by itself. I have had problems with installing multiple apps at the same time out of Cydia. Now I just do them one at a time and no problems.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
The phone is not jailbroken. I will suggest the resetting of the settings. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app