iPhone 4 J/B, unlocked stuck in recovery mode. Error 2005 when restoring

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by aluhall, Nov 12, 2011.

1. aluhall

aluhall New Member

It's an iPhone 4, J/B and unlocked. I used it for 1 month in Europe with no problems whatsoever.

Now it's stuck in the recovery mode (the plug to iTunes pic).

I tried fix recovery 43 and redline.dll (I think it's called) to boot it out of recovery mode but I get a message on my phone saying that "cannot fix or find"... something. Tried that twice.

I finally got it to enter DUF mode. I am trying to restore it using tiny umbrella but I seem to be getting the 2005 error. I switched the cords, tried a different USB (using Windows btw), I repaired iTunes and still getting the 2005 error.

I have no idea what else to do. Please help. :(

2. aluhall

aluhall New Member

No one encountered this? No suggestions? :(

3. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Getting into DFU mode then Restoring is the correct way around this problem... if your using tinyumbrella then your probably trying to restore to an older firmware...have you got your SHSH files saved...?(SHSH don't work on ios5 >)

4. aluhall

aluhall New Member

Hey!
    Thanks!
    Yeah I do have them saved and I never updated to iOs5, I believe my phone is still on 4.1. I don't want to update and loose my j/b and unlock that's why I'm trying everything I can to fix this problem.

5. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

If your trying to get to 4.1 firmware... you will need
    4.1 ipsw downloaded to your computer
    tinyumbrella with TSS on + your SHSH blobs for 4.1 firmware..
    and iTunes...shift/restore as normal
    if you get error 1013 you can just go ahead and jailbreak with Greenpois0n which will automatically take care of the error

6. aluhall

aluhall New Member

Done. I have done it. Multiple times before my initial post. The first two times I got error code 1016, now I'm getting 2005 error. Never got a 1013 error.