iPhone 4 Jailbreak Stable?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by alamarco, Jan 21, 2012.

1. alamarco

alamarco Member
    Bronze

I usually hold off on jailbreaking as not only do bugs occur during the initial release, but repositories get hammered and go offline making the process even more painful.

I wanted to ask, is the jailbreak stable yet and how are the repositories? Plan on possibly jailbreaking this weekend if the jailbreak and repositories are stable.

Thanks in advance!

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Do you mean the iPhone 4S jailbreak or the iPhone 4? If you do mean the iPhone 4 then the jailbreak is pretty stable. However I do think that iOS 5 jailbreak has been the buggiest to date. Everything just seems to lag, which isn't the best. As always, your mileage may vary :)

I refreshed Cydia earlier and it was fine, I did receive any errors and all of my repo's worked perfectly.

3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

On the 4S everything is running as smooth as before, no lag, no bugs, battery is running the same as before too. Overall probably one of the best experience I've had with any jailbreak, so far.

I'll say go for it, if you do everything correctly you shouldn't have a problem.

4. alamarco

alamarco Member
    Bronze

Thanks, I did mean the 4 and not the 4S. I'll have to try it out then and see how the lag is. If it was buggy I'd avoid it, but the lag is something I'd have to see.

The main thing is working Cydia repo's as that can cause a lot of problems, so since that's good that makes the decision easier. :)

5. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Btw I love your avatar Marco, I've been an inter fan since I was 9 years old.

6. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Just j/b'd. iPhone 4S. Everything is awesome so far.

7. alamarco

alamarco Member
    Bronze

Good to see another fan. I've also been a fan since I was young. Funny, because it all started because I'm a fan of the colour blue and I found myself as a young kid watching the blue and black stripped team. Times are tough, but we're getting better. :)

Good to see everything went well for your Hondamaker, I'm in the process right now. :)

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I'd say, especially if we win tomorrow vs Lazio, we can remain 6 behind Juve and pass Lazio for 4th place.

Good luck with your jailbreak.