iPhone 4 no longer charges/plays on iHome

Aug 23, 2010
A few days ago I visited my friend's house and plugged my iPhone into his Bose station to charge/play music from my phone, and it was unresponsive. I had used it before, so I thought this was strange. It didn't recognize that my phone was plugged in at all.

Later that evening I tried to charge my phone through the USB wall plug in adapter supplied by Apple, and it wouldn't charge. HOWEVER, I am still able to charge my iPhone through USB to my computer.

I would restore but I am a brand new iPhone user and I am kind of unfamiliar with the process, as far as if I can get my apps and such back. Not to mention my phone is jailbroken, so I don't want to update it through iTunes...thanks for the help!

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
You may have a dead outlet or a usb cord or adapter that is plugged into the wall. Start by switching the usb to the one on your computer. If it still doesn't work then you know it's the adapter or outlet. Go to the Apple store and have them replace it.

Aug 23, 2010
Well I am assuming it is the phone and has nothing to do with the cable, since I have tried docking it in stereo systems and they completely ignore it, when they had worked before.

Before I take it back already, is there anyway I can restore it to the OS it came with, rather than upgrading to 4.0.2?

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I would just take it into Apple as is and have them test it out. Why exactly do you want to revert back to 4.0.1?

saige1r

Bronze
Mar 12, 2010
I would NOT suggest bringing a jb phone into the Apple store. Some of the geniuses there are ****s and will void your warranty. Instead, back up your shsh blobs on Cydia. Instructions can be found by typing "downgrade ios 4.0.2" in google. Maybe a simple restore at home would suffice. Just make sure you back up in iTunes first (usually it does so automatically) if you wanna save all your games/data. Just note that backing jb app data is a bit more involved..

crystus

Bronze
Jul 5, 2009
Deltona, FL
4.0.1 stopped my Sony iPhone radio/dock from being able to use the remote control. It will still charge but I can't use the remote to control my ipod. Maybe I will have to poke around and see what happened to the drivers. See if i can port them in or something.

Je2180

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
New York
Mine stopped charging 2 days ago. If you have the iPhone's USB wall adapter take it in to get a swap. I found out it was my cord only because it would charge on my computer ,but when docked and plugged in it was not charging. Once I got my new cord everything was ok.

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
if I was you... i would take it back and get a new 1.