iPhone 4 not "pushing" Yahoo email

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by robinhooddaffy, Aug 5, 2010.

1. robinhooddaffy

Bronze

hubby's new iPhone 4 is not acting right. He has a Yahoo email account. we have it set with Push on and to check every 30 minutes. It is not receiving emails unless you are on wifi and open the email folder, then the emails will download.

2. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

Lots of people are having issues with that. I have not seen a solution.

3. jmat72

jmat72 New Member

4. cdx454

cdx454 New Member

My yahoo mail would not push I had it set to push every hour. Finally I just it set the settings to push off and now yahoo mail pushes whey hour:)

5. Velodog2

Velodog2 Member
    Silver

Lol. That's not pushing, that's fetching.

6. Seazer

Seazer New Member

I had the same problem and it was resolved with a restore as a new phone. I had to restore to get rid of the jailbreak that took off FaceTime and MMS, once I added my yahoo account I noticed mail was being pushed. Working perfectly fine ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I realize I am bringing this discussion back to life, but I am having the same issue. I looked online and I found this posted today at Midnight on an Apple discussion page.

' Slightly late I know. But after research and some phone calls, the problem is with yahoo and not Apple. Yahoo is working on it. So deleteting and adding again and restoring isn't going to do anything '

Hopefully it'll be resolved. I tried restoring and deleting and adding again, but as they said, it's with Yahoo.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Seeing the thread is almost 2 years old, I hope yahoo has it resolved by now ;)

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The quote I posted above was from today. :(

I read some users have gotten push to work for Yahoo, but most haven't. Any help?

10. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Hmmm only post from today I see is yours. ?
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1338678367.792489.jpg

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Don't use yahoo myself, so I don't have any info. May have to look around a bit and check tho

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Sorry, I ment from searching elsewhere online.

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Ok, I see the post your quoted from an Apple discussion page. Kinda confusing when there isn't any reference to where it came from.
    Guess it's still an issue...

14. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Thanks. I edited my post. I'm not sure why it's still an issue. :(

I was told it may be Jailbreaking issue causing it? But I don't think so. I don't have any mail apps/tweaks.

15. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

So I've had this issue and have started other threads on it. I would link them but I am just a lowly app user.

Anyways. In my experience and from research this is not a yahoo issue. This is an ios5 and up issue.
    Go to fetch. If you need to get an email instantly vs the 15 minutes for fetch then that info shouldn't be sent in an email to begin with.
    Before the oh the battery life blah blah blah starts I will remind everyone this is a cell phone. Be happy you can get email on it anyways. Us old timers will tell ya to go back to dimes and pay phones

16. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I will do that, go to fetch. I just like to get emails for when people respond to threads on here. It's useless to manually check for the response when I already see it on my computer.