iPhone 4 phone sensor

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by iphonediva, Jul 27, 2010.

1. iphonediva

iphonediva Member
    Bronze

Ummm hi all, has anyone had a problem where you answer your call, placing the phone to your ear, remove the phone from your ear, and the screen is still dark? It won't come back on till I press the on/off button to end the call.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

Not that particular issue but there is a fix in the works for the proximity sensor in the next update. Apple knows about the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

3. Kristine

Kristine Member
    Bronze

Do you have the phone in a case. The trim in the upper left corner of my Belkin leather flip case interfered with the sensor. Took the phone out of the case and it worked fine.

4. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

The sensor is above the ear speaker at top middle.

5. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

I've never had the phone to not unlock afterwards. However, there has been multiple times where I've been talking, and the person would be like "Hello? Hello?" and I'm talking... and then they hang up on me. Comes to find out, somehow while talking, the screen unlocked and my face tapped the Mute button. This is always the case. I've been hung up on so many times because of this.

Even placed someone on hold and my face dialed someone else's number from the recent contacts without me doing anything. Now imagine having a conversation and next thing you know, you're on the phone with with your GF, and then you hear the phone dialing and your mother picks up.

6. casssax

casssax Member
    Bronze

I had exactly that problem when I first got my phone. I didn't do anything, but it hasn't happened again. I think I might have been using my old 3G case (DLO flip folio).

[​IMG]

Maybe in my case it was the case blocking the sensor.

7. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

lol, that's funny dude. with my otterbox case though I haven't been having any issues at all

#7 altjx, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  8. Kristine

Kristine Member
    Bronze

If you make a call in speaker mode and then run your finger around the upper left corner it will be pretty clear where your sensor is - the screen will go black as you go over it. You can use this info to make sure it is not blocked