iPhone 4 portable charger

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Dipsxxy, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Dipsxxy

Dipsxxy Contributor
    Bronze

Do anyone know of a good portable charger for the iPhone 4?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

3. Meltdownblitz

Meltdownblitz New Member
    Bronze

Definitely dexim chargers by far! I currently have the dexim bluepack S8 as well as the dexim dual charger. I definitely recommend these. You can find them at www.dexim.net and purchase them at a online retailer at www.richardsolo.com.

Also check out the zagg sparx portable charger available on the famous zagg.com.

4. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

I have the Richard Solo. Works great and since my wife and I both have iPhones it helps to have enough to charge more than 1 phone. It comes with a bunch of accessories including a case. I found a coupon code online and it saved a bunch. Think I paid like $34.

5. Zane80

Zane80 New Member

I just got this portable charger during a businesss trip when my colleague shared his power with me with plenty of power to go around.

My first view of the YooBao YN - 642 power bank is that it is built like a tank: heavy, solid and a pretty white smooth surface. The packaging is in plastic and not paper or cardboard which is common with most modern packaging. However, the surface is a fingerprint magnet but I will not be holding it all the time.

Now to the performance part, I am a iPhone and iPad user and incredibly, I can fully charge my iPhone for a whole a week and not use the standard charger. I would only need to recharge the powerbank once in 5 days. The 8 changeable connectors ensures future-proofing.

More about charging, there are 2 LED indicators which easily tells how much power are there in the devices and the charger itself. There is only one button on the power bank which is very apple-like.

Pros: Monstrous capacity like a truck. Plenty of power to share around. No need to find a power socket outdoors anymore.

apple-like design and I forgot to mention the built-in white LED torchlight that helps to find the devices' port in the dark.

Cons: Two USB outputs needed for different brands but won't be much of a problem if you only use a few brands of devices.

Sum it up: I would bring this if I am going to be stranded on an island.

After typing everything, I suddenly discover that this post is about a year old!

6. Zane80

Zane80 New Member

This is a very pretty charger. From the size and the name, I guess it is about 3000 mAh or so, good for 1 to 2 charge of the iPhone and only for the iPhone I guess.
    What is the usb thingy for? Data or power or both? The the exterior made of metal?

#6 Zane80, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
  7. Zane80

Zane80 New Member

I say this is really super affordable which means buyers might be worried abt quality. Like what happened to my friend's charger which gave way just after 2 months. A bit risky I must say. And it doesn't charge other brands of devices
    As well.

#7 Zane80, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Richard Solo is a GR8 charger. I've been using one since I had the iPhone 3G.

I just ordered the Mophie Juice Pack Plus for $99 in Magenta. http://www.mophie.com/mophie-juice-pack-plus-iphone-4-battery-case-p/1160_jpp-iPhone 4-blk.htm

This thing has a battgery capacity of 2000 mAh os it is powerful.

My husband has one in all black and it is a GR8 charger. It doubles as a case and the best part is it has an on an doff switch so you are not just charging until the power is sucked out of it. We had a few blackouts because of the snow storm and down power lines and his Mophie charged him up to 100% from 58% and me up from 28% to 100% and it still had juice in it. That thing was a life saver. I ordered my ver own last week and I should have it this week. I am now ready for any black out.

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold