iPhone 4 Processor Clock Speed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ffmaster1

Bronze
Oct 8, 2011
I'm interested in getting my iPhone 1ghz of speed that it actually ows and i don't wanna to jailbreak it...any way to do this?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You can't overclock the iPhone. To overclock the iPhone you will need to modify the kernel - it's never been done.

If it was possible you would definitely have to jailbreak.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I didn't know that.thanks for respoding!:)
No worries. I've always wanted to overclock the iPhone 4, purely for test purposes. After seeing the likes of a Galaxy S2 running at 1.4Ghz and stable, it made me curious to know exactly what the iPhone is capable of. Just a pipe-dream.

Oct 3, 2009
No worries. I've always wanted to overclock the iPhone 4, purely for test purposes. After seeing the likes of a Galaxy S2 running at 1.4Ghz and stable, it made me curious to know exactly what the iPhone is capable of. Just a pipe-dream.
I would love the chance to see it also.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
The overclock on my 1 GHz DHD can bench at 2.016 GHz without issue and run stable at 1.92 GHz. Course it will eat the battery at that setting. It's great for games while charging.

The other nice kernel mods is it can underclock to 122 Mhz as well as undervolt to stretch battery performance.

A bunch of us that follow this specific kernel dev would give serious consideration to his next choice in daily phone because of how much of an impact he's had with the DHD. The guy updates his kernel with the latest bells and whistle I'm guessing, monthly.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk