iPhone 4 ringer problem

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Ahnia, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Ahnia

Ahnia New Member

Hi, I need help for my iPhone4. Something is wrong with the ringer. There is no sound when I play the song, video and even games. When I click the volume button at the side, although it still pop up the ringer, the volume bar cannot be seen. But I can still answer phone calls and SMS. There is still ringing tone when someone call me. I try using headphone, the ringer works as normal. I have tried switching off the phone and re-on. It still did not work. Thank you!

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Do you have the mute switch set to the ON position? It's the top switch on the left side of your iPhone.

3. Ahnia

Ahnia New Member

Thanks for responding! Nope, the mute switch is not ON. I have check the sound setting and every thing is as per normal.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The volume for the iPod music and videos is not the same setting as the volume for phone calls and texts. Do you see the volume slider bar at the bottom of the screen when you're in the iPod app? If the volume slider is missing, try a hard reset. Hold down the power and home buttons at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off. Release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. No data will be lost, it's just a long reboot.

5. Ahnia

Ahnia New Member

Tried your way, still did not work. The phone sometimes automatically back to normal with workable ringer, sometime it just suddenly dun work again..it just happened a few times each day. When it dun work, it actually pop up a message stating somethings like "This accessory is not optimize for this iPhone, Cellular strength will be weaker.." I did not managed to capture the proper message pop up. Many Thanks!

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I guess I'm confused about what is really happening. I thought you meant the music wasn't coming through the speaker on the phone itself. If you're getting an accessory not optimized warning, I'm wondering if you're trying to connect to an unsupported accessory (speakers) and the music isn't playing through them. Please clarify the problem and I'll try to help you. Are you getting an accessory not optimized warning when you are not connected to an accessory? Are you experiencing a problem with your iPhone speaker when you are not connected to an accessory?

7. Ahnia

Ahnia New Member

Yes, I'm not connecting to any accessory when I got an accessory not optimized warning. Even when playing games half way, or listening to music. The ringer just suddenly goes off and pop up the warning message. I dun think is the problem for the iPhone speaker cos ringing & sms tone can still be heard when someone call or sms me. Many thanks for your assistance.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I suggest restoring to factory settings since the hard reset didn't help.

9. Re42030

Re42030 New Member

I'm having the same exact issue. No volume bars show up when I try to change volume during games, YouTube, keyboard clicks, the swipe sound when you slide to unlock the phone. All these do not have sound or control of sound. Not often enough the sounds work, for instance, while I typed this, my keyboard clicks came on for a second about two times. I have also had the same alerts or notifications as above.

10. Re42030

Re42030 New Member

Could this be a direct result of water damage, if so, what could you possibly do if even recommended. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11. Harry1

Harry1 New Member