iPhone 4 says 100% charge, but it depeletes

Aug 1, 2007
N
20 mins may be a lot to you, but in truth I think the OP is rather paranoid. It's a new phone right? How old is it? Give the battery some time to adjust. If you think the iPhone battery life is horrible, get the Mophie Juice Pack or something similar.

You'll get used to it. All this effort to get just 20 mins of extra battery time..(´・_・`)
Never once said in this thread that the battery life was horrible. Re-read the posts guys. Has nothing to do with being paranoid has to do with getting a bit of extra juice. An easier way is just letting it charge and hard resetting it. It always just charges some more after that for me, I want to hear what it does for other people. I was posting my battery life to Hawk cause I thought that was excellent compared to my other phone. and it does make a huge difference letting the phone get really low and recharging it.

Aug 1, 2007
Like I originally said, I was only suggesting you turn things off to test where you find your biggest battery drain.
I personally have it ALL on. Notifications, Location Services, BT, 3G, Wifi.... The only thing I do is I make sure that my task manager is limited to 4 apps or less, and I limit what apps use notifications and location services.
I actually made the suggestion to Apple right before 3.0 came out that they change location services to operate exactly like it does now. (I actually sent about a dozen suggestions to them in that regard) It does make a bit of difference, and limits the annoyance of geo-tagging everything.
Awesome. Yeah I don't have a need to leave everything on just everything I use. I may try notifications though cause I do like it a lot. Is there a way to set a time interval the phone checks for notifications?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Unfortunately not. They are sent as soon as they are created. the good news is that Notifications are 1 way. This means that your phone is not checking for anything. The notifications server does that and just sends you whatever it has for you when it receives it. Doesn't really eat battery unless you are constantly getting notifications every few minutes.

Aug 1, 2007
Unfortunately not. They are sent as soon as they are created. the good news is that Notifications are 1 way. This means that your phone is not checking for anything. The notifications server does that and just sends you whatever it has for you when it receives it. Doesn't really eat battery unless you are constantly getting notifications every few minutes.
Nice battery saving stuff! :D