iPhone 4 service provider

Discussion in 'iPhone Unlock' started by Sad195, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Sad195

Sad195 New Member

Hey guys ,I want to unlock my iPhone 4 but I don't know it's service provider (carrier) and it's working by gevey sim . It's purchased from china . Let me to know if you guys have any information .

Sent using iCafe app

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Have you tried opening the Settings App and going to General>About>Carrier? I know absolutely nothing about carriers outside the US but that might help. Unless that info comes from the SIM itself, in which case I apologize for the unhelpful suggestion. :)

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Thread moved to the iPhone Unlock forum.

You'll need to look up the IMSI number (not to be confused with the IMEI) and then cross check the first several numbers with a carrier identifier list. This number cannot be found in the Settings app. I'll post a couple links. After you determine the carrier it's locked to, you can buy a factory unlock as long as one is available for that carrier. Unlocks for AT&T are easy to find and cheap, but unlocks for some of the other carriers are difficult or impossible to find or expensive.

#3 Europa, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
  4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Are you in the U.S. and purchased it from China? If so, you should be aware that if you purchased it on or after January 26th, 2013, it's illegal to unlock it.

If you're in China, have fun unlocking... Actually, do some research first. I have no idea what the law in China is.

5. Sad195

Sad195 New Member

Kadelic .yeah I have tried in system app .its showing "carrier lab 12.0 ".i don't know what does it means .anyway tnx my bro

Sent using iCafe app

6. Sad195

Sad195 New Member

Rafagon ..it's purchased from china before january 26th 2013 and already I'm living in India .

Sent using iCafe app

7. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

My friend also have an iPhone purchased in China working in gevey sim. I think it can't be unlock. There are a lot of carriers like in Japan that it is not unlockable as of the moment.