iPhone 4 stuck on finishing sync

1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist Gold

I just synced my iPhone to my PC after a while of not syncing and it has been on finishing sync for around 2 hours now. Anyone know what I can do?

2. Michael Baturin

I must have the worst luck with this. So I am syncing my iPad 2. The first time I tried, it froze and forced me to close down iTunes mid-sync. When I relaunched and plugged in iPad 2, it started loading the rest of the songs. It is now hanging at Finishing sync for about 2 hours. One weird thing is the capacity graph at the bottom shows just 4GB taken away due to apps and nothing else. Not the 7000 photos, 5000 songs etc...

Guess I will ask again, can anyone help? Last time with the iPhone 4 i had to restore.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Nessaj

Nessaj New Member

iTunes may crush due to lack of RAM. Probably your PC need to be scanned for virus.

5. partizan

partizan Member Bronze

I had the same issue with a couple of my iDevices. For me all I did was delete the iPhone Photo Cache from the Folder where my synced pictures are located.

6. Michael Baturin

Yeah I think it was because my PC crashed during first sync. Unplugged, replugged, and after the validating iPad step everything cleared up. Thanks for the help on this dinosaur of a thread.