iPhone 4 texting pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Tlyles, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Tlyles

Tlyles New Member

I was wondering if this is something with AT&T or the iPhones. I'm having troubles sending pictures via a text message. It takes forever and sometimes fails to send. My wife has. 3GS and it's like that on hers too. Didn't know if there was a setting that could be changed or if anyone had an idea how to fix this

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

On 3G it can take a little while to send them. Wifi is faster, but I've had this happen as well.
    Unless it happens all of the time?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Tmoney438

Tmoney438 New Member

Are you trying to send it in edge, 3G, or wifi? My guess is you are just in an area that doesn't have great service, you can get the speed test app for free and test your connection

4. Tlyles

Tlyles New Member

Sorry didn't think to give you all the info. I have full service but it is on the edge network. This happens all the time even on 3G network. At home I have wifi and it still takes a long time to send. Phone is not jb and has the 4.2 update installed.

5. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I pictures on the iPhone 4 are quite large. Were you given the option to reduce the picture size before sending?

6. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

This is an AT&T thing.

Sending a picture (MMS) over Edge or bad 3G is quite touchy. Having Wi-Fi on doesn't affect it, as this is a communication to the cell tower only. If your signal to the cell tower is bad, it will take so long to try to get all of the message through that the iPhone might give up and say it couldn't send.

Unfortunately, there is little you can do besides badger AT&T to put up more 3G towers in your vicinity. Try the "Mark the Spot" app to report issues when they occur.

7. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

Yeh, I've had this same prob in Oz on the Optus 3G network. One night will fail to send even one MMS and then next day will send 4 in one go, even High Res pics. Figure they need to upgrade their service for heavy use times.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

8. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I find using the third party texting apps works much better. Try using textfree which is free and will give you a unique phone number. I have never had any issues sending photos utilizing that app. Matter of fact, I have texting turned off on my phone because I refuse to pay att&t $20 a month for something I get for free with a third party app.

9. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

My pictures send fast when I am on 3G.

10. jb829904

jb829904 Contributor
    Silver

Me too. And everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

11. kyleplusitunes

Silver

File size, have any idea how huge an iPhone 4 picture is? It's big, takes forever.

12. Peter Donald

Peter Donald New Member

I woke up this morning and my iPhone 4s will no longer text photos to non- iPhone users. What gives?

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Please create a new thread as other members here will see it and be able to help.