iphone 4 unlock no wifi?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mar 13, 2016
Hi guys,

I live in the Uk and I have an Iphone 4 that has a grayed out wifi problem. The iphone is jailbroken already. It is locked to vodafone and is on ios 7.1.2. Does anybody know anyway to unlock it for free? if not, can you direct me to a cheap, reliable iphone unlocking service for vodafone.

Many Thanks.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Hi guys,

I live in the Uk and I have an Iphone 4 that has a grayed out wifi problem. The iphone is jailbroken already. It is locked to vodafone and is on ios 7.1.2. Does anybody know anyway to unlock it for free? if not, can you direct me to a cheap, reliable iphone unlocking service for vodafone.

Many Thanks.
Hey there,

I live in the US and I personally have no experience whatsoever with iPhone unlocking in the UK. But I did find this company which I hope will be helpful to you. I found them through Google. Prices start from £19.99, and they do work with the iPhone 4.

https://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/unlock-iphone/Vodafone-UK/

I cannot say whether the unlocking, assuming it is successful, will help with your grayed-out Wi-Fi problem.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Try "forget this network". Tap on it. Then add it back. Go to Settings > WiFi > Tap the circled i> Tap forget this network. Then add it back with your wifi passcode. That should fix the grayed out issue.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
We found an old iPhone 4 in a drawer that was retired a few years ago after having been replaced by a iPhone 5 and now by a 6S+. We like to repurpose it by loading a streaming app onto it and plugging in, via the earphone jack, to an external speaker. The problem we have is that we forgot the old passcode. Can this phone be setup as "new" i.e. wiped clean by connecting it to iTunes? The family member who last used it said he's forgotten the passcode. Retry counts so far up to 5 or 6. There's nothing/recent on the device that we wish to save. Suggestions welcome.

AdvTHANKSance

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
We found an old iPhone 4 in a drawer that was retired a few years ago after having been replaced by a iPhone 5 and now by a 6S+. We like to repurpose it by loading a streaming app onto it and plugging in, via the earphone jack, to an external speaker. The problem we have is that we forgot the old passcode. Can this phone be setup as "new" i.e. wiped clean by connecting it to iTunes? The family member who last used it said he's forgotten the passcode. Retry counts so far up to 5 or 6. There's nothing/recent on the device that we wish to save. Suggestions welcome.

AdvTHANKSance
Check its Activation Lock status (at https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/). If Activation Lock is disabled, then you should be able to Restore as New using iTunes.

Note that you will need the device’s IMEI or serial number.

Update: Apple has taken this feature away effective January 28th, 2017.

Last edited:

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Thanks for the help. We've got it unlock and setup as new. It's updated as far as permitted iOS 8.3(?) so it can't handle some of the desired, updated streaming apps like Panora One but it can do Apple Music and Sirius at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk