iPhone 4 won't charge, can't retrieve vacation photos

Jul 13, 2011
Please help! Anyone! I’m desperate…

I just got back from a 2 week trip to Asia. I haven’t seen my family there for over 17 years. I documented the whole trip with my iPhone 4. Unfortunately, before I had a chance to back up all the photos and videos, the iPhone crapped out and refuses to charge. I have tried numerous OEM cables including wall chargers, USB computer port, and car chargers, none of which work. I’ve scoured the internet looking for a solution, none of which work. I have tried the 2 finger salute (home + power), flipping the mute switch 4-100 times, recovery mode, etc. All I can see on the screen is the darn red battery + outlet plug + lightning symbol. I took the phone to Apple but their only solution is to replace the iPhone for free. I don’t want a new iPhone. I ended up buying a new one off contract (and return it within 30 days) to give me additional time to try to get the photos off of the phone. Can any one here offer any possible solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
The phone is dead. Plug in the phone for at least 30 minutes. It should power up. Because it's not shut down because you can see the dead battery+cord+I'm surprised Apple didn't tell you this.