iPhone 4S 1080p Video Thread

ed2438

Contributor
Bronze
:) why not start both the pic and video thread for the new iPhone. once I receive mine, i will post on both.

I uploaded the video directly from the photo app on Wifi but it's only available for playback in 720p. I thought this is suppose to capture in full HD 1080p? I have to admit, I was skeptical about the image stabilization but I'm really impressed. No more shaky videos!

It doesn't look like it captured in full HD 1080p.

I've searched throughout all the settings but can't find anything to change the video capture resolution.

edit: Nevermind. I figured it out. I stitched clips together using ReelDirector and it doesn't look like it renders in 1080p yet. I wonder if iMovie will support 1080p.

Update: iMovie will render in full 1080p.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlfab4

I uploaded the video directly from the photo app on Wifi but it's only available for playback in 720p. I thought this is suppose to capture in full HD 1080p? I have to admit, I was skeptical about the image stabilization but I'm really impressed. No more shaky videos!

It doesn't look like it captured in full HD 1080p.

brilliant!

I've searched throughout all the settings but can't find anything to change the video capture resolution.

edit: Nevermind. I figured it out. I stitched clips together using ReelDirector and it doesn't look like it renders in 1080p yet. I wonder if iMovie will support 1080p.

Update: iMovie will render in full 1080p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks JW. It looks like the only way to upload full 1080p video to youtube is from the computer. I haven't found a way to upload to youtube in 1080p even on Wifi from the iPhone. The max res it allows would be 720p. This really sucks.

Here's more of my 2 buddies and shots of the garden. Nothing special. Just a quality test really. BTW, I did edit and rendered in iMovie at full 1080p. I just had to download it to my Macbook Pro and then upload it to youtube.

Here's low light video performance. It can get a little noisy but then again, what camera phone doesn't? The auto adjustments are executed pretty quickly and transitions are very smooth.