iPhone 4S 16gb Vodafone contract!

Nov 6, 2011
Hey guys so I am new to the Mobile phone contract thing, and just confirmed an order with the carphone warehouse for a iPhone 4S 16GB for about £41 a month.

But I am unsure of little things like I heard that there could be hidden charges. Like if I use the phone past its aloud mins or Texts (I think unlim texts) then I will be charged a massive amount for each call. Same for the internet use. Is that right or wrong?

IS there any hidden charges is there anything I need to look out for or all I have to do is make sure that the £41 is in my account each month? Also I orderd the Phone today about 7 mins ago, When will the first payment be needed?

Thanks so much! I don't know much about iPhones or Phones! hehe I keep to the Ipods most of the time! ^_^

tlfab4

Oct 14, 2011
750 mb should be enough for you, 900mins also, unlimited texts, did you have to pay £49 for the phone?

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Read your contract. It will spell out all overage charges for things like messages, data, and voice calls. You can also call your carrier and have a customer service rep explain it all to you.

Be careful about responding to spam messages. Just a response can sign you up for a monthly service that will add £5-£10 per month to your bill, and getting it cancelled can be quite a chore. Many US carriers now block short-code sms by default as this is the most common way these scammers get to you.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
The only thing you need to watch is data IMO. If I go over my data I get charged £1 a day for data. It's not that bad but say I went over my data halfway through the month, I would get charged £15. Which I would say is quite a lot considering I pay £35 a month for my contract as it is..

Nov 6, 2011
750 mb should be enough for you, 900mins also, unlimited texts, did you have to pay £49 for the phone?
No the phone was free.

Dam theres a lot of little things on there to get you! Is there away to take a look at how many mins I have left and how many MB I have left for that month? because I think the worse thing would be to go over the limit and have a MASSIVE bill I can't pay at the end of the month.

Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
would you consider a iPhone 4 instead , it would be a lot cheaper aswel and you would get a lot more minuets and texts for your money , if i was you id asses all your options!

tlfab4

Oct 14, 2011
No the phone was free.

Dam theres a lot of little things on there to get you! Is there away to take a look at how many mins I have left and how many MB I have left for that month? because I think the worse thing would be to go over the limit and have a MASSIVE bill I can't pay at the end of the month.
they text you when you are nearing your limit.