iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Jailbreak Goes Live

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Did anybody here jailbreak yet?
I personally won't. But that doesn't mean I won't support you guys, it's your A5 iDevice and you sure paid nicely for it.

I had a funky experience with a jailbreak in the past, but, that's not the only reason, as I like my iSchtuff stock Apple, for better or for worse...

At one point, I upgraded to OS X Lion before its official public release (and it was a GM release if memory serves me right). That was, thereforee, an apple-sanctioned thing (though I'm not a Apple dev, so my actions themselves weren't apple-sanctioned). Things went a little too awry for my tastes, so I don't think I'll be tinkering with my iSchtuff anytime soon... Needless to say, I went the official route and bought Lion when that came out.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
i am at tomorrow now and still getting same errors :(
Could it be the result of overload at the source sites (but you said it never crashed and rebooted like people have described). So I'm at a loss as to what to tell you at this point. Think you should try again in 24/48 hours? Can't hurt...

Rengar18

Jun 23, 2009
Socal
Made a quick tutorial for anyone have issues jailbreaking it on windows.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
  • I have re-downloaded Absinthe from the site Chris has......
  • plugged in iPhone and loaded.
  • removed icon and tried steps again
  • tapped the Absinthe button on iPhone once the Mac told me it was ok
  • continuous white screen ....
  • Error message
  • go to the VPN settings... Settings- General - Network - VPN
  • Turn it on
  • Error message
  • Turn on again
  • Error message VPN connection A configuration error occurred....
  • Turn on again
  • Probably over 100 times
  • Never did crash and reboot like a lot of people have described
  • Have latest iTunes and Mac

That's just strange. I would restore it and try again. I've been looking everywhere for you but can't find a solution.
You did a backup before trying to jailbreak right?

iNurse

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2011
The Volunteer State of Tennessee
i have removed icon... i have deleted the umpteen absinthe and re-downloaded..... stuck in white screen and now stuck in vpn and the swirling circle saying "connecting" SCREAMING... thanks for your help.......

can you walk me through the restore ? connect to iTunes and "Restore?" ........ can i replace with my iCloud backup.? That is where I backed up

iNurse

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2011
The Volunteer State of Tennessee
Benny -- anyone ---- white verizon iPhone 4s.... 5.0.1
Latest iTunes 10.5.3

white screen......after open absinthe..... server not responding...... VPN - it won't crash when turn on

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Either way, your phone is working fine, my bad. Just backup with iTunes just to make sure. After you're done, restore to that backup and try to jailbreak again.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Can't do the Windows command line version. I'll wait for a real GUI to come out.

EDIT: Got it to work; had to restore to stock to get cinject to work properly.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Just tried the new Absinthe version 0.2 for both Windows and Mac and it wouldn't work on either. Stalled with about 1/2" on the progress bar. Gave it 40 min. and unplugged. Guess I'll take a break and go out for a quick drink and see if it will work later. Anyone else tried the new version?