iPhone 4S Battery drainage during standby

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by perky_pat_x, Oct 22, 2011.

?

My iPhone 4S is being used during standby... and killing the battery!

Poll closed Oct 29, 2011.
  1. I have no idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Try hard reset?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. perky_pat_x

perky_pat_x Member
    Bronze

Dear friends,

I have a brand new iPhone 4S. Love it! But... whenever I leave the iPhone on standby the battery drains like crazy. Like this night. Did a full charge (from o% to 100%) and took it of the charger. When I woke up the battery was at 68%! I didn't even touch the iPhone. When I looked under the setting and 'usage' I noticed that the iPhone was 'used' (3:23) during the time I was sleeping... really? No way!
    I had already (before this situation) turned off many of the notifications and location services... not push on mail (fetch) etc. Basically all the tips I know on how to preserve battery I have applied to this iPhone 4S.

Any thoughts? What can be running in the background that the phone is in 'use' while I am sleeping...

I even turned off the iCloud backup and wifi sync...

Hope you guys can help. I am abroad and working on locations and can't charge my iPhone...

Best,

Perky Pat

2. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

This happened to my last iPhone 4. I just did a hard reset and it was cured

3. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

Turning off the weather and stocks widget, and also I turned off ping on restrictions. That helped me a whole bunch. Hope it helps u!

Sent from my iPhone4(S) iCafe

4. Roger.Taylor

Roger.Taylor New Member

This morning when I took my iPhone 4s off the charger I noticed that I had the TTY icon displayed, within 1hr I had lost 20% of my battery life. To remove the TTY icon I had to do a factory setting reset. Icon was cleared & now my battery is back to normal. Not sure what caused the TTY icon to be displayed or whether the battery drain was connected. But the factory reset cured both.

5. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

I live in a bad reception area... It seems to cause a bad drainage just being home because it constantly searches for net or better net... Atm in thailand I have it in airplane mode because I don't got thai sim.. And that drains 30% during sleep just cause it searches reception... So what area u live in?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app

6. zbregan

zbregan Guest

I have the same problem with my iPhone 4. Yesterday I made a 1/2hour call and the battery was down to 25%, tisk, he he. It seems that for iPhone 4S I have to charge my phone daily. Apple please help out the problem otherwise you will lose your market.

7. Cconci

Cconci Guest

mine has the same problem. I have the charge it two times every day.