iPhone 4S: Black or White?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Atieh, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Atieh

Atieh New Member

I'm really struggling here
    I'm getting a iPhone 4s I donno which colour I should get
    I really like black, everything's cool in black but I'm bored of it now
    any advice from people who have white iphons?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I don't have a white iPhone, so as you requested, I can give you no advice on to get one or not.

However, if you're going to use a case to cover it, it might not matter which color you get. You can make it any color you want.

Plus, the black with a white case looks sick!

Are you going to use a case or do you plan to go nude with the iPhone?

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

My fiancé has the white iPhone and loves it. It's in a white Lifeproof case, so she has no issues with cleaning it. Prior to LP it was in an Otterbox. ( white/black combo)
    Like was already asked, if your going to use a case there are so many color options available now.

4. Atieh

Atieh New Member

I have so many different cases but my favourite or the most used one I have is those wallet like cases, so the colour pretty much is on display.

I have a black iPhone 4 now, I really want to experience the white ones but am bot sure.
    can I change my iPhone after a few month?

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

So the color matters then if these are the cases you use.

You can not exchange your iPhone after a few months. Most carriers allow 14 day return policy.

What you can do is buy a different housing for the iPhone 4S and change it yourself or send your phone to a company that will change your housing for you for a fee of course. If you're handy you can get the parts and do it yourself. This does void the warranty though.

You can get the complete housing parts on eBay too. Other places on the web sell them also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Atieh

Atieh New Member

whoa thank you, I didn't know we could do so much

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

You're welcome. Hit the thumbs up like button if you will. LOL! We have a system in place so people can express their feelings on a particular post.

People who are brave and handy and are used to doing stuff like that change their housings or just back plates. But you have to know that this does void your warranty if you do it.

If you have a problem with your black iPhone and you take it in to Apple to be fixed and you hand them a white one, because you changed the housing, then that's it, they won't help you, you've voided he warranty. However, some folks say, go ahead and change it, save the original parts and then change it back to the original parts if you have a problem and need to take it in to Apple.

If it's worth it to you to have the freedom of changing the look of the phone, then take the plunge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. eduran214

eduran214 New Member

I have the black 4s and at the end it comes down to you but I'll tell you in my opinion and it's pretty simple because I always see girls with white iPhones and thought it looked girly just my two cents lol

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

WOW! LOL! I see some guys with the White iPhone. I saw a guy on the train this morning with a naked White iPhone and a naked White iPad. He thought he was stylin' too! Shoulda seen him. :rolleyes:

A lot, not all, of new iPhone purchasers who are female, tend to gravitate towards the white. I say that because I have heard this conversation between women a lot. I'm getting the new White iPhone..... blah..blah...blah...because more nonsense comes outta their mouths after that.O_o (JK - please don't take offense its just a joke) I never liked it. It's not for me. I'm a girl.

The sleek look of the complete black on the front, well, the whole thing, does it for me. I don't like the break between the white color housing and the black screen. I like one complete color.

10. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

You can always use a white decal overlay and take it off when your tired of it.

11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Thanks Tattooed Alex!

I forgot to metnion the decals, I think because I used them and ended up not liking them and did away with them.

It is a quick fast way to change your colors. They sell them on ebay as well. I thought I wanted to change my phone to Red, White and Yellow so I bought those and when I got them, I decided against it and just used antenna decal covers.

I used a decal on the sides of the antenna of my iPhone 4, but I didn't add them to the iPhone 4S. After a while they look kinda cheap, get dirty, start to curl, and I hated that so no more. Sometimes, it was not so easy getting them off either. They can leave glue that you have to scrub off with alcohol. Also my favorite Incase Slider cases wouldn't work properly over it.

12. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

I have a white iPhone and I'm no girl. Every damn phone that comes out is black anymore And I wanted mine to stand out! Especially if I drop it in the woods hunting, ever try diggin a black phone outta bunch of leaves

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
    Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

13. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

Lately I found the white iPhone to be "cleaner"... So I bought some parts off eBay and sorted it out myself. It's an iPhone 4 that will be upgraded soon anyway, so I didn't have to worry about warranty. I am loving it, although the whiteness of it isn't as good as the original parts.

14. Jerome G

Jerome G Member
    Bronze

Naked white iPhone looks great ! It just stands out so nicely. I had a black iPhone 4 which is OK, just getting a little boring. It may even get mistaken for an Android phone !
    White with a black bumper also gives a nice "storm trooper" look.

15. sirsamuels

sirsamuels Member
    Bronze

Had a black iPhone 4 and now have a white 4s. My reasoning was because I wanted to be different. However there are more men with the white then I thought. Ultimately the decision is yours.

16. ds2983

ds2983 New Member

Do you have any pics of black iPhone white case?

17. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

I have a white 4s, along with my 2 "guy" cousins. We are all really happy with them. I also had the black 4. The white also sells for more usually, as history has proven.

18. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

I'm a dude and I have a white 4S. I have had black 3G, 3GS, and 4. I wanted something different, so white it was. I was a little worried at first about having a white phone, from dirt and wear showing to the look of it, but am happy I got it. Get what you want. If you like white, get white one. If you like black, get a black one. It's that simple.

19. Atieh

Atieh New Member

lol Thank you every one
    I think I get a white one

20. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

And another joins the Dark Side of the Force ;)

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
    Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!