iPhone 4S can't restore from backup

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Iloveiphones, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Well, my phone washing troubles connecting to 4G so I did a restore, and now the phone can't get 4G or wifi, well, it does, but it disconnects in about a minute. So I basically got a brick right now! Should I restore via computer? Problem is I have nothing backed up to that. And is this a hardware failure do you think? I think so.

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

3. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

sounds more like a hardware problem if you already restored and nothing got fixed. or if you have nothing to lose try another restore but not from a backup

4. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Yes, try to restore via computer. If you have problems, create anew login on the pc and try restoring under the new profile.

Side note- if you jailbroke and had a different baseband on the phone, you might be screwed, but I won't say that yet because there is always something you can do.

5. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I've tried it all, restoring it on the computer, restoring it on the phone, everything! But now my main problem is the wifi, it won't stay connected. Ad it happened to my sisters brand new iPhone 4 she just got today. I finally got hers to restore, but the wifi keeps cutting.

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

So maybe it's the wifi not the phone. Since 5.1 I haven't been able to keep my wifi on after the phone goes to sleep, on the iPhone5 it's better, but on the 4S was a constant struggle.

7. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Try turning off the security key on your router and see how it does.

8. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

My 3 wifi computers, 2 iPhones, 1 iPad and 1 iPod touch has no problem connecting.

I'm thinking this may be an iOS issue, but I don't know. AppleCare didn't known thing bout it.

9. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Our wifi is unlocked, well, we have a locked and a guest wifi. I'm using the guest one right now.

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Doesn't mean anything, my fiancée has the 4S and she didn't see a difference on 5.1 or 6.0, I did on my 4S, replacement 4S and now my iPhone5.

11. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Maybe there are corrupted installs?

12. kennfell

kennfell New Member

My iPhone 4s cant restore when I connect to iTunes. help

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Please start your own thread instead of hijacking this one. Also, post the error codes you're getting.