iPhone 4S can't restore from backup

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Well, my phone washing troubles connecting to 4G so I did a restore, and now the phone can't get 4G or wifi, well, it does, but it disconnects in about a minute. So I basically got a brick right now! Should I restore via computer? Problem is I have nothing backed up to that. And is this a hardware failure do you think? I think so.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
sounds more like a hardware problem if you already restored and nothing got fixed. or if you have nothing to lose try another restore but not from a backup

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yes, try to restore via computer. If you have problems, create anew login on the pc and try restoring under the new profile.

Side note- if you jailbroke and had a different baseband on the phone, you might be screwed, but I won't say that yet because there is always something you can do.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Yes, try to restore via computer. If you have problems, create anew login on the pc and try restoring under the new profile.

Side note- if you jailbroke and had a different baseband on the phone, you might be screwed, but I won't say that yet because there is always something you can do.
I've tried it all, restoring it on the computer, restoring it on the phone, everything! But now my main problem is the wifi, it won't stay connected. Ad it happened to my sisters brand new iPhone 4 she just got today. I finally got hers to restore, but the wifi keeps cutting.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I've tried it all, restoring it on the computer, restoring it on the phone, everything! But now my main problem is the wifi, it won't stay connected. Ad it happened to my sisters brand new iPhone 4 she just got today. I finally got hers to restore, but the wifi keeps cutting.
So maybe it's the wifi not the phone. Since 5.1 I haven't been able to keep my wifi on after the phone goes to sleep, on the iPhone5 it's better, but on the 4S was a constant struggle.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Try turning off the security key on your router and see how it does.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
So maybe it's the wifi not the phone. Since 5.1 I haven't been able to keep my wifi on after the phone goes to sleep, on the iPhone5 it's better, but on the 4S was a constant struggle.
My 3 wifi computers, 2 iPhones, 1 iPad and 1 iPod touch has no problem connecting.

I'm thinking this may be an iOS issue, but I don't know. AppleCare didn't known thing bout it.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
My 3 wifi computers, 2 iPhones, 1 iPad and 1 iPod touch has no problem connecting.

I'm thinking this may be an iOS issue, but I don't know. AppleCare didn't known thing bout it.
Doesn't mean anything, my fiancée has the 4S and she didn't see a difference on 5.1 or 6.0, I did on my 4S, replacement 4S and now my iPhone5.

kennfell

Dec 5, 2012
My iPhone 4s cant restore when I connect to iTunes. help

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My iPhone 4s cant restore when I connect to iTunes. help
Please start your own thread instead of hijacking this one. Also, post the error codes you're getting.