iPhone 4s clueless please help!

Licia 4s

Jan 13, 2012
I have a iPhone 4s and have plenty of questions, so if you can answer one or all id really appreciate it!...
First :how do i get the contact id picture to be full screen instead of just a thumbnail.(i created all contacts on the phone and choose the pictures from my library)

Second: i bought a 16gig with a 13.6gig availability. i have 5 songs 16 videos 775 photos 22 apps with only 197 mb left! It shows "other" is what most of my storage is being used on. What is this?

Third: how can i customize things, ive heard people can change the font type, status bar color, icon size, message bubble color,etc. i have only been able to change my wallpaper and ringtone. Any tips or ideas i hate having plain boring looking phone.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Welcome. Let's see if we can help. In regard to your assigning pictures to a contact. If you go to your photo album or camera roll and assign pictures to your contacts from there they will appear as full screen. If you assign pictures to contacts from the " contacts app" you only get the small picture in the corner.
In regard to your storage question: the large amount of photos you have can use a lot of space depending on how large the files are and how they are formatted. The same applies to your videos. If you have 16 large long videos, movies or podcasts you are gong to use a lot of space. You can see how big your " individual" pictures or videos are by viewing their properties on your computer.
In regard to how your usage meter is reading: the " other section" usually shows the operating system software. In your case I think the space allowed for pictures and videos reported on the usage meter is too large thereforee giving a false reading in " other". In the end of the day you are out of space and need to make some adjustments.
Hope this helped. Enjoy the phone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You'll have to jailbreak to customize the phone, and the 4S jailbreak is not available yet.

How much space is being used in the 'other' section?

Licia 4s

Jan 13, 2012
Thank you! It says 8.6 is other and then it reads apps, pics, and videos are very low amounts.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
8.6 Gb in 'other'? That's a lot. Try syncing again, and then eject the iPhone from iTunes by clicking the small eject button to the right of the listed iPhone in the left-hand pane. Unplug and then plug it back in to your computer and see what iTunes shows in 'other'.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Also, go to iPhone Settings>General>Usage, and it should show you where all your data usage is on the iPhone. That might help you pinpoint it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You have six or seven GB of corrupt data in the 'other' section. It's most likely video files that weren't in an iphone-friendly format that you tried to sync to the device. You'll have to restore to free that space.

Joliveira

Jan 14, 2012
Hélio, I' m Jorge and just arrived to this forum and I would like to ask if anyone knows how to download a video made with the iPhone to a PC. The main problem is that the video is to navy to send by email or YouTube. many thanks for your help

Joliveira

Jan 14, 2012
Thank you Frenchpress, but my intention is not to delete, but transfer a heavy video from iPhone to a PC. Can you give a hand on it?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Thank you Frenchpress, but my intention is not to delete, but transfer a heavy video from iPhone to a PC. Can you give a hand on it?
You should probably start your own thread on the subject. That way the info doesn't get crossed on different problems. That seems to be what happened in here. :)

Jan 14, 2012
Does anyone from New York City know anyone or some where in which I could take my destroyed iPhone 4 to retrieve my photos and data from its hard drive? Let's put it this way, my phone fought with a wall and the wall won. Thank you very much for your help. Also, how can I bypass my pass code because I cannot see the screen.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Does anyone from New York City know anyone or some where in which I could take my destroyed iPhone 4 to retrieve my photos and data from its hard drive? Let's put it this way, my phone fought with a wall and the wall won. Thank you very much for your help. Also, how can I bypass my pass code because I cannot see the screen.
If you had iOS 5 installed & was utilizing iCloud I think you can get them on your pc.