iPhone 4s died

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

EmilyHpan

Jan 30, 2012
Hey! My husbands iPhone 4s just quit. It's 45 or so days old, and went into a display to plug into iTunes. Did the restore and the phone said activated, then works for like 30 minutes and starts the process over. We took it to the Apple store and they said it has a bad hard drive. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Help!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
iPhones use flash memory rather than a hard drive. Hardware failure is covered by the manufacturer's warranty and the phone is replaced for free. The odds of this happening on the replacement iPhone are very low.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Did you get it replaced? Unlikely for the genius to say "Your phone has a bad hard/flash drive, now get out of my store. They should replace it.

In other terms, your husbands iPhone died? You need to give it CPR, start compressing its Apple logo, and get your charger cable, take out the wires and shock it. ;)

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Did you get it replaced? Unlikely for the genius to say "Your phone has a bad hard/flash drive, now get out of my store. They should replace it.

In other terms, your husbands iPhone died? You need to give it CPR, start compressing its Apple logo, and get your charger cable, take out the wires and shock it. ;)
"...now get out of my store."

Really? The genius said that? Where did you infer that? And you have a news thread?!