iPhone 4S eligibility, really?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

radack1155

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Austin, TX
I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 last July. I was expecting to be able to use my upgrade for the iPhone 4S preorder just as I did when I purchases the 3G, 3GS and the 4. Every time year I've bought the new iPhone and every year I've been able to buy the phone at the upgrade price. Apparently not this year. It shows that I'm not able to buy at the discount prices until November 18th. Anyone else having this problem. I'm quite upset about it :mad:

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I was on the phone with AT&T about an hour ago asking the same question, I'm eligible December 29, I was nice and asked if I could please get it by the end of November instead, I'm supposed to get a call from a manager the day the phone comes out and then only I'll know for sure. I suggest you do the same thing, other than that I don't know, I was disappointed too.

radack1155

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Austin, TX
I was on the phone with AT&T about an hour ago asking the same question, I'm eligible December 29, I was nice and asked if I could please get it by the end of November instead, I'm supposed to get a call from a manager the day the phone comes out and then only I'll know for sure. I suggest you do the same thing, other than that I don't know, I was disappointed too.
I called today and the guy wasn't much help. I'm a little testy today so I'm probably going to try tomorrow haha. We have 3 lines on our account and have been AT&T customers for 4 years, I feel that asking to bump my upgrade up a month isn't too much to ask. Good luck to you Benny, hope everything works out.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Thanks, I'll let you know what happens, if they don't call me I'll call them on the 14th, im signing a new 2 year contract with them, they shouldn't be complaining here.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Ugh, that's like 30 days, I'm gonna sweet talk my way into an early upgrade, unless hippo is right, which he usually is :D

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
ask for for how much it is to disconnect ..afterall you could go to Sprint
sometimes it is less then you do the math for them
say upgrade fee is 250 new phone
disconnect is 120 new phone and you get unlimited data
tell them to look at your records and if they really want you to go ?
they may reason better some guy at rumors was given a $250 credit (so he says)