iPhone 4S giving a "funny feeling" after long usage

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by capri, Feb 2, 2012.

1. capri

capri Member
    Bronze

Hi guys,

I've had Nokias, Blackberry for for some many years.
    Just had iPhone less than a week.
    I notice that after 5-10 minutes conversations using the speaker phone, my head feels funny. Something i've not experienced before w/ the other phones. Feeling kinda light headed as it something is emitting from the phone.
    I will try to use the headphones that came w. the iPhone if that would help.
    I hope this phone is not giving too much "radiation" (if that is the right term) or ultra magnetic something....
    Anyone else here experience similar concerns ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

It is excellence seeping Into you. :)

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Cell phones don't emit ionizing radiation. And even if they did, the effects of it would be cumulative and take years to cause a problem. Your symptoms are likely coincidental and unrelated to the phone.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Like it was mentioned in the other thread... Nothing to worry about.

5. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

See your doctor, I highly doubt it's your phone.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I find this very interesting. I'd like suggest a few things, but I won't promise a resolution to your issue. In fact, if you read on, more questions may be raised than answers found.

You mentioned using it in speakerphone mode. How does this experience you're having compare to any experience you may have after speaking directly into the phone?

Can you pinpoint these sensations as occurring only after iPhone use?

Has anything out of the ordinary happened to your phone?

Do you experience these sensations no matter where you use your iPhone (work, restaurant, observatory)?

Try asking one or two other people to use your iPhone. Don't tell them exactly what you're experiencing. After they use your iPhone, ask them what, if anything, they felt. Is it similar to what you're feeling?

If this continues to be too nagging, take it in for an exchange, if you have an Apple store near you. It's possible, albeit highly unlikely, that there is something different about your phone. Because humans are involved in the assembly of iPhones, there is always the possibility of human error.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

This is also food for thought.

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

She is worried about radiation being transferred to her head and y'all send her to the doctor? X-rays. Mri's. Cat scans.

9. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

That's why I don't call anybody. At least that's my excuse.

10. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I thought it was because you didn't like me?

11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

No, I like you, ask anybody here. Well not everybody. Certainly not Joel, don't ask Joel, maybe Scott, although just to be safe don't ask anybody till I call you :D

12. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Typical guy.
    We spend a lovely evening together. Nice kiss at the door. Even let you graze my butt. You say you will call. But you don't. They never do.

13. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Ok Mary, enough LMAO

14. capri

capri Member
    Bronze

Thanks for reply. Here are some ### answers:

You mentioned using it in speakerphone mode. How does this experience you're having compare to any experience you may have after speaking directly into the phone?

### honestly i mostly use speaker phone while talking but i will try speaking direct to the phone.

Can you pinpoint these sensations as occurring only after iPhone use?

## yes definitely. don't experience it with my blackberry or Nokia phones.

Has anything out of the ordinary happened to your phone?

##no, its a brand new phone.. never dropped. Lifeproof cased. But now, SpECKED cased.

Do you experience these sensations no matter where you use your iPhone (work, restaurant, observatory)?

### its the same sensation where ever i use it. But it seems like, "lesser degree" on the car.

Try asking one or two other people to use your iPhone. Don't tell them exactly what you're experiencing. After they use your iPhone, ask them what, if anything, they felt. Is it similar to what you're feeling?

### Ok, i will try that exercise###

If this continues to be too nagging, take it in for an exchange, if you have an Apple store near you. It's possible, albeit highly unlikely, that there is something different about your phone. Because humans are involved in the assembly of iPhones, there is always the possibility of human error.

### thank you much !

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.[/quote]

15. snowtrooper1966

Gold

For some inexplicable reason I generally don't appreciate what you post, but that may be the BEST single sentence post I have EVER read!
    Well done!

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's coolness transferring from your iPhone to you. It's been happening since 2007 for me, but I've learned to handle it and the many admirers it engenders.

17. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It's my pleasure, don't mention it. I wanted to add a couple of things:

I was actually asking more generally. Sorry for being vague. Do these sensations, or anything similar, occur only after iPhone use, and not, for example, after any of these: Consumption of a high-caffeine beverage? Exposure to stress? Consumption of foods with high content of simple sugars? Proximity to Wi-Fi routers? Activities which may increase or decrease your metabolic rate rapidly?

Lastly, is there anything else in your environment that may have changed around the time you got this iPhone?

18. Laylapotata

Laylapotata Member
    Bronze

My guess is that when it happened the first time, although you were on the phone, it was unrelated. But the notion was put in your head that the phone has something to do with it and now you are imagining it. Sit too long in one position, turn abruptly, etc can cause temporary vertigo. I cannot think of any reason a phone would make you lightheaded.