iPhone 4S is 4G?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
not sure if anyone has true 4g but the truth is. is that it's much faster than 3g. so i will take 4g no matter what they want to call it over the slower 3g. and yes i know it will consume more battery life, but atleast i can turn it off if need be.

uralocal

Jun 5, 2010
Guys, the 4th generation of the cell phone technology and the 4th generation of iPhones are not the same. Apple calls the devices as a hardware generation which is for example iPhone 3g. On the other hand if the hardware from the is same but there minor/major differences inside they add a word; such as 3gs(s here refers for speed). But the tech for the cell phone providers called 4th generation. The names are just a coinsidance. iPhone 4gs is a speed version of ihone 4g. It does not support 4g bands but it is quite fast as down/uploads from the network. Take care.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Guys, the 4th generation of the cell phone technology and the 4th generation of iPhones are not the same. Apple calls the devices as a hardware generation which is for example iPhone 3g. On the other hand if the hardware from the is same but there minor/major differences inside they add a word; such as 3gs(s here refers for speed). But the tech for the cell phone providers called 4th generation. The names are just a coinsidance. iPhone 4gs is a speed version of ihone 4g. It does not support 4g bands but it is quite fast as down/uploads from the network. Take care.
Thanks for iPhone 101! :LOL: