iPhone 4S is hot

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
My iPhone 4S gets insanely hot everywhere on the device. The stainless steel band, the lower part of the iPhone isn't bad. But the top if the iPhone is really hot, burning hot. Should I see a genius? And my Siri icon is lost.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Here's a pic

This is just a wild guess, but are you outside when it gets hot? Or is it at anytime or the day, and even when you're inside? When I have gone outside with my iPhone 4 in the past, it would get so hot that it would either shut off, or give me a warning, and some features such as the voice to text would not be available.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
This is just a wild guess, but are you outside when it gets hot? Or is it at anytime or the day, and even when you're inside? When I have gone outside with my iPhone 4 in the past, it would get so hot that it would either shut off, or give me a warning, and some features such as the voice to text would not be available.
Anytime of the day, I'm sitting in my basement where it's about 67°.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Anytime of the day, I'm sitting in my basement where it's about 67°.
That is definitely not normal. I assume you have tried to close all applications that are running. With that said, I would go to an Apple store if you have one near you, if not then Best Buy or AT&T or your carrier.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Does it do it more during 20+ minute FaceTime calls?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
That is definitely not normal. I assume you have tried to close all applications that are running. With that said, I would go to an Apple store if you have one near you, if not then Best Buy or AT&T or your carrier.
I have not tried to close all applications, as I don't see how that would make it hot, it would just bog down the phone and use more battery, which it does none of these things.

I'll try to get to an Apple store, but its not looking good...oh we'll, I'm trading off this phone to my mom anyway now once I finally find a 5 to buy! :)

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I have not tried to close all applications, as I don't see how that would make it hot, it would just bog down the phone and use more battery, which it does none of these things.

I'll try to get to an Apple store, but its not looking good...oh we'll, I'm trading off this phone to my mom anyway now once I finally find a 5 to buy! :)
I wish you the best of luck. At least you're getting the iPhone 5! But you'll need to get the iPhone 4s looked at before handing it over to your mom. :)

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011

It may not bog down the phone but some apps being open are causing the processor to run cycles which will produce heat. So I would close the apps down and see what happens.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Did that. Just simple web browsing and the phone is starting to get warm.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Take it to Apple if under the 12 month warranty they will replace it with a refurb on the spot.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
Take it to Apple if under the 12 month warranty they will replace it with a refurb on the spot.
Ha! I tried that. They said there was no issue and I have AppleCare+. My "genius" and I loosely use the term was too busy helping someone else at the same time. I was given crap service.

I wish the OP better luck than me.