iPhone 4s keeps dying, clock changes to Jan 1, 1970

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Milo, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Milo

Milo New Member

I had an iPhone 4s, its been a year and a few months already. When I was texting my friend, the phone suddenly died. And it wont alive, I have to connect the charging first so it will alive. But the dates and the time changes to January 1, 1970 and its 8.00am. When I'm going to fix the date and times correctly, it suddenly died again. What happened? Its the second time the phone act like this. The first time its back to normal in 30 minutes, but right now, it almost 2 hours, and it still acting weird.. Can you tell me whats going on?:(
    Thank you

2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

How long have you had the phone? I would first try a restore and see if that fixes it. The other possibility is that your battery needs replacing.

3. Milo

Milo New Member

since 2012's december.. ive restore all the settings, but still.. it ididn't work:( battery replacing? okay then.. Thanks for the tips

4. Milo

Milo New Member

The wifi is not available and the network is keep on searching....

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

What network or carrier do you have? It should show in the "about" section. Go to Settings>General>About
    Here: ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1402402731.828211.jpg
    If you are not getting a signal, try reset network settings. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
    Let us know if that works or not.

6. Milo

Milo New Member

it wont work.. its ' 3 ', but the network is still searching..

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

"3" is your carrier? If so, then maybe you are not picking up their signal. Could you be too far from a 3 tower? Are you in Hong Kong or Indonesia? I don't know what else to tell you. The time you should be able to reset. You may need to "Reset All Settings" in your settings app. That might correct the time. Maybe someone else here has better ideas to help you. @Europa is good at troubleshooting.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Restore the phone to factory settings. If that doesn't work, you'll need to have the hardware serviced or you'll need to get a new phone.