iPhone 4s + Navigon Panorama View 3D

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Has anyone else been able to use the Panorama View 3D option under the Map View options for Navigon? When I try to use it gives me a black display with the road names..I go switch it off and back on same thing. The other map displays work just Panorama View 3D doesn't.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Saw a post about this on another forum, several people were complaining that it's broken in iOS 5.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I just made up a destination here in the house and it appears to be fine. I'll try it tomorrow in the car and see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Today was the first time I had a problem receiving a GPS signal on my iPhone 4, I'm still on 4.3.1 jailbroken too. I had never experienced it before since my old 3G (used to always happen with the 3G). Tried turning off the phone, and e en hard resets, nothing helped. Half way to my destination (thank God I still have a map in the car), I decided to try t again, and it finally worked. I hope that was just glitch with the satellites...I used to hate it when it would happen on my 3G!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Nov 7, 2011
Saw a post about this on another forum, several people were complaining that it's broken in iOS 5.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
It isn't an iOS 5 problem. I now have an iPhone 4S and the Pano 3D is bust on it. However, it works fine on my original model iPad & on the iPhone 3GS I used to have. Also OK on a friend's iPhone 4.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I bought this about 3 weeks ago. it's not a black screen when I use it, but each movement bleeds the image forward instead of replacining the image. Kind of hard to explain but basically the street names start to repeat in a line - kind of like the cards when you won a game of solitaire on windows 95 lol. I was very disappointed because I basically threw away my money on the purchase. I hope navigon fixes this soon.

From another forum apparently "This problem didn't show in any of the Beta releases of iOS 5. It reared it's ugly head with the final release. Can't entirely blame this one on Navigon."

From Navigon's website - they are aware of the issue:
http://www.navigon.com/portal/us/ku...tent_identifier=faq&topicId_0=18400772&page=1

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Well speak of the devil...Navigon updated today to 2.0 - I used it driving into work thismorning to test it out. Its all uphill from before. First of all, the user interface is completely redone and vastly improved. The Text to speech seems clearer and more fluid. Better traffic information and relaying of that information over voice is awesome. The app takes up way less space as YOU can choose what states to load! No more 2.5GB! The Panoramic 3D view works well now as well. Best of all - it is a free update and if you were on the fence due to the price tag, I believe it is only $20 for now. I highly recommend anyone looking to use their phone as a GPS but didn't buy this before due to the price/space issues - Get it!

Also I use the following accessory in my car with the GPS (and in general) - works like a charm.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H1580ZM/A/Griffin-Window-Mount-Handsfree?fnode=MTY1NDA0Mw

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
It still shows $29.99 for the USA one. Are you talking about the region only ones?
Well since I could not see the price in the app store (already purchased) - I was going off of this from TUAW.com

"Even better for fence sitters, Navigon has reduced the cost of the North America version to US$39.00 until November 30, which is $20.00 off. Navigon USA drops $20.00 to $29.99. Navigon Canada gets a a $20.00 discount too, so it's also $29.99. The regional US apps drop by ten dollars to $19.99."

So yes guess I was talking about the regional US. Must have misunderstood the original article.