iPhone 4s + Navigon Panorama View 3D

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by MyRichLife, Oct 16, 2011.

1. MyRichLife

MyRichLife Zealot
    Gold

Has anyone else been able to use the Panorama View 3D option under the Map View options for Navigon? When I try to use it gives me a black display with the road names..I go switch it off and back on same thing. The other map displays work just Panorama View 3D doesn't.

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Saw a post about this on another forum, several people were complaining that it's broken in iOS 5.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

3. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Damn...that sucks! Maybe I'll wait to upgrade to IOS5 then

4. MyRichLife

MyRichLife Zealot
    Gold

Hopefully Navigon will come out a software fix for it.

5. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

I just made up a destination here in the house and it appears to be fine. I'll try it tomorrow in the car and see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

6. MyRichLife

MyRichLife Zealot
    Gold

Keep us updated dturner.

7. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Today was the first time I had a problem receiving a GPS signal on my iPhone 4, I'm still on 4.3.1 jailbroken too. I had never experienced it before since my old 3G (used to always happen with the 3G). Tried turning off the phone, and e en hard resets, nothing helped. Half way to my destination (thank God I still have a map in the car), I decided to try t again, and it finally worked. I hope that was just glitch with the satellites...I used to hate it when it would happen on my 3G!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

8. Peter Emery

Peter Emery New Member

It isn't an iOS 5 problem. I now have an iPhone 4S and the Pano 3D is bust on it. However, it works fine on my original model iPad & on the iPhone 3GS I used to have. Also OK on a friend's iPhone 4.

9. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Wow. $10 and you can't hook in google street views.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

10. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I bought this about 3 weeks ago. it's not a black screen when I use it, but each movement bleeds the image forward instead of replacining the image. Kind of hard to explain but basically the street names start to repeat in a line - kind of like the cards when you won a game of solitaire on windows 95 lol. I was very disappointed because I basically threw away my money on the purchase. I hope navigon fixes this soon.

From another forum apparently "This problem didn't show in any of the Beta releases of iOS 5. It reared it's ugly head with the final release. Can't entirely blame this one on Navigon."

From Navigon's website - they are aware of the issue:
    http://www.navigon.com/portal/us/kundenservice/faq.html?id=20736170&content_identifier=faq&topicId_0=18400772&page=1

11. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

Got the same problem. I can verify that it worked in beta... use navigon all the time.
    Tom

12. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

Navigon is a pain too update... it takes forever. I wish they would come out with OTA patches.
    Tom

13. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

it's a 2.5 GIG app....of course it's going to take a while to update.

14. Michael Baturin

Gold

Well speak of the devil...Navigon updated today to 2.0 - I used it driving into work thismorning to test it out. Its all uphill from before. First of all, the user interface is completely redone and vastly improved. The Text to speech seems clearer and more fluid. Better traffic information and relaying of that information over voice is awesome. The app takes up way less space as YOU can choose what states to load! No more 2.5GB! The Panoramic 3D view works well now as well. Best of all - it is a free update and if you were on the fence due to the price tag, I believe it is only $20 for now. I highly recommend anyone looking to use their phone as a GPS but didn't buy this before due to the price/space issues - Get it!

Also I use the following accessory in my car with the GPS (and in general) - works like a charm.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H1580ZM/A/Griffin-Window-Mount-Handsfree?fnode=MTY1NDA0Mw
    [​IMG]

#14 Michael Baturin, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  15. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

It still shows $29.99 for the USA one. Are you talking about the region only ones?

16. Michael Baturin

Gold

Well since I could not see the price in the app store (already purchased) - I was going off of this from TUAW.com

"Even better for fence sitters, Navigon has reduced the cost of the North America version to US$39.00 until November 30, which is $20.00 off. Navigon USA drops $20.00 to $29.99. Navigon Canada gets a a $20.00 discount too, so it's also $29.99. The regional US apps drop by ten dollars to $19.99."

So yes guess I was talking about the regional US. Must have misunderstood the original article.

17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

That's really annoying btw, that we can't see the price of previous purchases that is.

18. Michael Baturin

Gold

Yeah I think they should put the price grayed out with a check mark or something instead of writing Installed.

19. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

You don't have to pay for maps updates do you? Haven't updated yet, no way near wifi.

20. Michael Baturin

Gold

I believe for future map updates you have to purchase an in-app "subscription" for $14.99 - not in my plans right now.