iPhone 4S not look as good as the iPhone 4?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 3, 2009
Definitely not the same colors. And I don't think I buy the line they are feeding us. The glue has to dry? How about the brand new iPhone 4's? Shouldn't their glue need to dry also? Wife's 4 is about a week older than my 4s and the screens look nothing alike. totally different colors.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Definitely not the same colors. And I don't think I buy the line they are feeding us. The glue has to dry? How about the brand new iPhone 4's? Shouldn't their glue need to dry also? Wife's 4 is about a week older than my 4s and the screens look nothing alike. totally different colors.
I am let down by it :( I loved the iPhone 4's vivid colours. Why they had to change their manufacturer is beyond me.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Or does the iPhone 4S not look as good as the iPhone 4's? I compared it to my friends iPhone 4 today and the 4S is definitely not as vivid as the iPhone 4's screen.
like you i didn't noticed until I put my iPhone right next to my girlfriend's 4S, and you wouldn't care unless you compare the 2. don't get sucked in trying to hate it only because others feel the need to pinpoint every single difference between the 2 is a bad thing. I find it easier on the eyes. You'll adjust.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
maybe they did it to get better battery life....jk. but in all seriousness maybe if they wanted a softer looking screen they could have just put in a few settings in the disply options. like orther phones have. so that way everyone can just set it they way they like it.

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
Or does the iPhone 4S not look as good as the iPhone 4's? I compared it to my friends iPhone 4 today and the 4S is definitely not as vivid as the iPhone 4's screen.
Forgive me because I'm pretty new here, but it seems like every time you post it's to take a dig at the iPhone. If you think it's that bad you certainly have a right to your opinion, but why are you here, on an iPhone forum? You're not a troll, are you?

I give you my word- there are some good aspects of the iPhone. I promise!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Forgive me because I'm pretty new here, but it seems like every time you post it's to take a dig at the iPhone. If you think it's that bad you certainly have a right to your opinion, but why are you here, on an iPhone forum? You're not a troll, are you?

I give you my word- there are some good aspects of the iPhone. I promise!
you are pretty new? It says you signed up in 2007, that doesn't sound new to me.
Let the guy go, he's not the only one that has said something about the screen being different, this is starting to get really annoying.

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
you are pretty new? It says you signed up in 2007, that doesn't sound new to me.
Let the guy go, he's not the only one that has said something about the screen being different, this is starting to get really annoying.
Signed up in '07. Only been looking in for about the last month. I think I've made something like a dozen posts TOTAL. So yeah, pretty new.

I agree, when in that short of a period somebody stands out as anti-purpose of the entire forum, it is annoying. Not too much, though, it's just a forum. Just wondering, hence my question:)

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
The purpose of this forum actually isn't blind stroking of all things Apple and iPhone. It's intelligent discussion of same.

Examples:

"The screen on the 4S is a piece of "bleep" and is just one more example of what a piece of "bleep" the 4S is in general."

Now THAT's trolling.

"Man I really think I notice a difference between my 4S's screen and my old 4's. Can't say I like the new one as much.

This is an observation and criticism in one. That's the stuff of discussion right there.

Now there are plenty of blind devotees on this site for sure, but the world would be a pretty boring place if everyone thought exactly the same about everything.

I mean take the OWS folks. Without them I wouldn't have anybody to rant and rave to my family about.

See? Diversity. It's good for us.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Call me crazy but I like the screen color on the 4S better than on the 4..

Different strokes for different folks, it's what makes the world turn.. :)

••Sent from my iPhone••

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I noticed the white is not as white as it was on the iPhone 4. And no I am not a troll. It was an observation. Not a dig. If you don't like the topic go elsewhere. I like the screen. But as what was said above, different strokes.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I noticed the white is not as white as it was on the iPhone 4. And no I am not a troll. It was an observation. Not a dig. If you don't like the topic go elsewhere. I like the screen. But as what was said above, different strokes.
Isn't there something going around with them saying it's the glue issue "again" ? Thought I saw that posted somewhere. The old, give it time to dry completely.... Sure, okie dokie... jsut how long do you wait? LOL